Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping there would be a sticky ablout what parts can be swapped in and out of different generation mustangs as well as same gen tangs but gt or v6 or mach 1 whatever, but nonetheless, my question is...Will a Leather GT steering wheel fit in my v6? the steering wheel is from an 04 and my car is an 01. I appreciate your time.

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
That same steering wheel is actually an option for your car...it's just the leather wrapped steering wheel in the interior upgrade package. The only thing you have to be careful for is the air bag, it will probably be worth it to pay a body shop to change it out so you don't have to worry about and air bag accidently going off..

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
94 to 04 are all universal they will all work, but i HIGHLY recommend getting a FR500 wheel its very nice! and not to expensive, they are listed as ford racing steering wheels on www.gefracing.com as well the sponsors may have some for a good deal

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
and FYI you can rent a steering wheel puller from autozone for like 18 bucks, and you get it all back when you returnit, the air bag is SUPER easy to remove, two little bolts one on each side, pop out the little round disks that cover them, then pull out the bag and unplug it....

the only issue i had with the puller was getting a set up that woudl work the thing was just about to big (or small one) for it me use.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok. I had the air bag off and the torx screw off, and everything all set for the swap, but I could not get the friggin wheel off. I had the puller on and I used every ounce of my strength to pull it, but I got nothing. Is it supposed to be that hard to get it off?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts