Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There may have been a topic on this before so please forgive me......

I have an 86 GT project that I'm working on. I'm debating on keeping the power steering or going with a manual rack.

Who's got experience with the manual racks and what the difference is between the two as far as daily drivability and effort needed to steer at low speeds?? I'm planning on keeping stock wheel and tire size, no skinniest for daily driving.

Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
There may have been a topic on this before so please forgive me......

I have an 86 GT project that I'm working on. I'm debating on keeping the power steering or going with a manual rack.

Who's got experience with the manual racks and what the difference is between the two as far as daily drivability and effort needed to steer at low speeds?? I'm planning on keeping stock wheel and tire size, no skinniest for daily driving.

Thanks in advance!
Keep the power steering for a DD. The manual racks are only good for a strip only car IMO. It won't take long on a DD car for you to wish you had kept the power steering. What doesn't seem so bad at first will wear on you pretty quickly driving it every day.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trojan Horse said:
Keep the power steering for a DD. The manual racks are only good for a strip only car IMO. It won't take long on a DD car for you to wish you had kept the power steering. What doesn't seem so bad at first will wear on you pretty quickly driving it every day.
Good points, thanks! I was looking at cost to, it's almost double to get a good manual rack as it is to buy a new power rack.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts