Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gona be doing it in a while just need to go get some supplies. what are the steps u guys take to paint them right? also, should i paint it all even or leave the reverse light white? ive painted my lights before on the v6 but didnt think i did it right. didnt have that glassy look i want. any help guys ?

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have been wanting to tint my tail lights and personally I would spend the little extra money for just the tint film. eBay has plenty of them and cheep. Some even have the reverse light uncovered.

But I have read up on nightshade too. Sand them with fine paper and then even coats. Not sure about what kind of gloss but nightshade might actually have one. Goodluck

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
The main thing to do is prep to make sure you have no wax on them. I used rubbing alcohol to wipe them clean. I did not sand my lights, some do and some don't. I've had no problems with it coming off. I also used a tack rag to wipe them clean before painting. This takes off any small particles that are on them. I did mask off my reverse lights.

Also, remember to put the same amount of coats on each light. The first coat will be a light tack coat. (remember to let each coat dry before applying the next).

If you look at my photos I have pictures when I did mine. I'm thinking I did 5 coats on each.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts