Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. My pedal seems to come up little slower after braking. Is this normal. I mean the car us you new. Is it how the system is set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
I've seen several complaints about clutch pedals sticking...i don't remember any brake pedal complaints.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Give us details, how many miles on the car, standard or auto, how was the car being driven when it happened, does it happen often ... details.

K

·
0 Posts
I would like to know from the OP, if it happens when the car is cold started and braking before the brakes heat up. Or if it happens when the brakes are already hot and used alot. Maybe both?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It does it cold or not. It makes a hissing sound when pressed which is normal then come back up little slower than other cars(I know every car is different) and it's a 2014 v6 performance pack. 18k miles

K

·
0 Posts
I wonder if your brake booster is shot. Don't these also have a check valve?

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
It does it cold or not. It makes a hissing sound when pressed which is normal then come back up little slower than other cars(I know every car is different) and it's a 2014 v6 performance pack. 18k miles

how many miles on the car? Have the brakes ever been bled?

·
Registered
8,483 Posts
Manual transmission or automatic?

I drove a 2015 at an Ecoboost challenge a while back and both the brake pedal and clutch pedal were doing what you described.
It didn't seem "normal" to me.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Manual transmission or automatic?

I drove a 2015 at an Ecoboost challenge a while back and both the brake pedal and clutch pedal were doing what you described.
It didn't seem "normal" to me.
people dragging the brakes / pumping the clutch / heating the fluid. That car needed to be bled, and i'm willing to bet OPs does too. Even cars running super bad *** fluid have to bleed the brakes again after a track weekend, and that's brand new fluid. Most street cars go WAY over the recommended interval because its just not something people keep up with.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had the brakes bled 2 weeks ago. Just the clutch comes back real fast the brake pedal comes back little slower like squeezing a bottle of windex (not that slow but you et the idea)

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

Manual

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
OP, are you noticing the level in the master cylinder reservoir dropping at all?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have intermittently had this issue. Pedal also intermittently feels spongy on the inward stroke. Have spent some time dataloging with an IR imager, and found that most of the time my car is actuating no more than two calipers. Possibly not the same issue, but this has put me more firmly on the path that i have been chasing a faulty abs module for the last year (I know, shocking). Other symptoms include random moments where the brake pedal will not move due to the abs module having shut off all input due to a faulty ice mode trip, advancetrac becoming homicidal and randomly actuating individual calipers while cruising, and calipers locking up solid for minutes at a time, then unlocking after a key cycle (only after destroying my $3500 axle).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OP, are you noticing the level in the master cylinder reservoir dropping at all?

Not really. I had everything checked said it was okay but when pressing its fine but coming back up its little slower. It just doesn't pop back up to normal position its like air is coming out

1 - 17 of 17 Posts