Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to send my eaton blower in to stiegemier to kit the snake bite kit and possibly the stage 6 port on it, i was wondering do any of yall have this done to yalls car or know anyone who does? And how much does it actually help?? Thanks!

·
Registered
201 Posts
In not sure but I think I remember someone on the forum having one of those cobras
Hopefully someone knows who I'm talking about

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea maybe so! Cause id like to know a few things about it before i spend all this money on it and get it back and not make much of a difference

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
never had any first hand experience on a ported blower or the snake bit kit (spins internals faster)

you will require more upgrades than just the blower (maf, injectors, bap etc)

for the time/money it would be far superior to go whipple/kb.... the eaton is just a bad blower design and is a huge heat soak sure it costs more but.... at the end of it all you will be happier.

with all that said what are your power goals, daily driven etc? you dont want to go to far if you DD the car etc.

I wanted 450rwhp~ so i dont have to worry about huge costly upgrades or replacing clutches etc and 90% of street driving thats more than enough in the 3600lb car, the rest is just for bragging rights lol you cant hook it up and if you drive fast enough to use it you have more serious problems.

with a really good porting and boost upgrade to the max you should see 550rwhp or more~ but the cost for that extra 100 over 450 is rather high.

On a twin screw (vs eaton being a bad designed roots blower (there is a difference)) you could get 550rwhp on less boost and less heat soak etc = better long life of an engine.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I have a stage v port with no torque plate. My goal was 500whp. I also upgraded to 60# injectors, sct2600 maf, modified fpdm, bap, and spec 3+ clutch. 2.76 upper pulley 2# lower netted me 490/490 on safe timing and 93 octane.

The cost of the port isn't bad, it's all the little supporting mods that add up. My total was around $2500 with tuning for 100 hp gain at the wheels. If I could go back and do it again the car would have a twin screw, just not enough power. 650 is a nice number but not too extreme.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
whats your timing at, my initial timing was 23 on 93 octane but I run a 19 deg tune for now (dont load the 23 usually)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Im looking to send my eaton blower in to stiegemier to kit the snake bite kit and possibly the stage 6 port on it, i was wondering do any of yall have this done to yalls car or know anyone who does? And how much does it actually help?? Thanks!
CobraGirl purchased a stage 4 back in May 2012. You could send her a private message and ask.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
SpectorV said:
whats your timing at, my initial timing was 23 on 93 octane but I run a 19 deg tune for now (dont load the 23 usually)
19° on 93. Didn't see the need to push for a few hp numbers

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea my goal is about 500 hp, right now alls its got is bassani cat back with acufab single blade tb and plenum and sct tune and puttin 2.81 pulley in it tomorrow, bout how much hp yall think ill be makein?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts