Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I buy stiffer springs but not have them drop my car at all? I am putting more weight in the back of my car for the winter and need some springs that can hold more weight.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
fms c springs from www.gefracing.com , under the v6 section the springs wtih a C in the number they say they drop 1.1 inches in the front and .8 rear~ which is about right.... but you can add a spacer front and back and it wont drop any, they have a nice rate for daily driving and handeling.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
well most never adjust them... if you go with the C springs I would save a few and get the mach 1 tokicos from somewhere like www.speedconcepts.net i havent seem em else where but im sure others carry em.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the C springs wont make you need cc plates, just put em in as they say and you will be fine, cut a coil from the back *the rear do not alter the alignment issues

you will be 1.2 front and 1.1 rear~ which is decent with out the need of cc plates.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Mustang414 said:
Thanks SpectorV...what shocks should I get to go with? Are the Tokico Illumina 5-way shocks any good?
you wont need an adjustable dampener for that setup, you wont even need new dampeners, just use your stockers if you arent gonna drop at all. if you are looking for a drop get tokico blues

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
why do you need new springs just cause a little extra Lb.'s? I would not waist the money on them if its only for the winter, I have a 98 in the snow, (well last year) and i had NO problems at all with 100LBS of sand.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mustang414 said:
Thanks SpectorV...what shocks should I get to go with? Are the Tokico Illumina 5-way shocks any good?

The Illumina 5-way adjustables are a great shock but pricey. You should look into a set of Strange 10-way adjustables. I have them on my car and know of a few 10 second cars that have them and swear by them.

I bought mine from Jegs but you could try froogle.com to see if there's a better price out there.

·
Registered
517 Posts
asilver2001gt said:
The Illumina 5-way adjustables are a great shock but pricey. You should look into a set of Strange 10-way adjustables. I have them on my car and know of a few 10 second cars that have them and swear by them.

I bought mine from Jegs but you could try froogle.com to see if there's a better price out there.
What about the bilsteins? (sports)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've never tried them so I don't want to tell you some bs that I don't know. As far as the Tokico and the Strange I've had them. From what I hear, you might want to ask around, but the shocks/struts on the Mach 1 are pretty good. I believe they are the Tokico Blue (non-adjustable)

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
suspension for drag vs autox is different you should decide how you wish to go and then buy parts towards that. the all around BEST will be bilstien, for a budget autox'er go mach 1 tokicos.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts