Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed my Chin Spoiler i got for Christmas today. Bought it from American Muscle. The factory one was all scraped up, this one will be in a few weeks :(

Attachments

·
Registered
3,997 Posts

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,246 Posts
Those parking assist censors are great but they don't do anything for the steepness of driveways and speed humps. It's all in how you drive. I've got the boss splitter on my GT + lowered and I've done pretty good just by taking my time when entering/exiting steep driveways. It's all in the angle. It looks great OP, there's no reason why you can't keep it looking good! Good luck and take it slow. :good:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Looks good. I love mine. Though I should have asked the wife to help align it. She did help for round 2. I got the right side stuck and had to take it off and adjust the tape. You can see where the tape got jumbled if you get on your hands and knees. ?. My wife said I'm just being OCD and says it looks fine. I'm just mad I goofed it up a little bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. I live in east Tennessee, so many hills. This chin spoiler clears my ramps better than the factory chin spoiler. If it clears the exits to my bank and the post office where i live, it should be fine :)

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Going through the tunnel at Daytona

When going into the infield at Daytona I have to go around to gate 70 in back of the track to get in. My car scrapes enough in the tunnel to worry me. I only went that way once and never again. I looked after the scraping incident but had no visible sign of anything but I sure hated that sound. When I go into or out of my bank's parking lot I have to go on an angel so as not to scrape. My Mustang is not lowered and I have 18 inch wheels. I can just imagine how you guy's with lowered car have to watch out for things.

Ronnie

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,866 Posts
Installed my Chin Spoiler i got for Christmas today. Bought it from American Muscle. The factory one was all scraped up, this one will be in a few weeks :(
Looks great David! I hope you can keep that one in good shape for a while. Please let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance in the future!

-Dan

·
Registered
703 Posts
I dig it! My ride is mint except some scrapes on the factory spoiler if you can call it that. I'm considering past I dipping it to fix that. I've never used the stuff...but maybe if you plastidip this spoiler it can sort of protect it or just keep redoing it after scrapes lol

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went to my bank yesterday to see if it scrapes. Something scraped but i think it was part of the factory chin spoiler and not the new Stillen chin spoiler. I couldn't see or feel any scrapes.

When you install the Stillen chin spoiler, you leave the factory chin spoiler on. The Stillen mounts a lot higher on the bumper and farther out to the front than the factory one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts