Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What power can the block handle? I'd like some first hand insights from everyone who has a built late 01-04gt, at tax time i may purchase the MMR 600hp rotating assembly if I'm at to use my stock block

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Everything I have read states the Romeo and WAP blocks can handle 800 rwhp , I read one article where a dude was pushing close to 900, the tekskid block can handle 12-1500 hp, so your block will be fine as long as you don't do a stroker kit

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything I have read states the Romeo and WAP blocks can handle 800 rwhp , I read one article where a dude was pushing close to 900, the tekskid block can handle 12-1500 hp, so your block will be fine as long as you don't do a stroker kit
How is ur car set up?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
How is ur car set up?
I have a Kenne bell on a stock bottom end putting 360 to the tires on a conservative tune , I have some new parts and I'm gonna get more aggressive with the tune , I'm hoping to put down at least 420 after the new tune

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Kenne bell on a stock bottom end putting 360 to the tires on a conservative tune , I have some new parts and I'm gonna get more aggressive with the tune , I'm hoping to put down at least 420 after the new tune
Power wise I want the same, I'm hoping forged bottom end, maybe a trick flow too end kit, a typhoon intake and a vortech to get 400-450rwhp on a safe tune

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Power wise I want the same, I'm hoping forged bottom end, maybe a trick flow too end kit, a typhoon intake and a vortech to get 400-450rwhp on a safe tune
With that setup you want you'll be able to push that motor past 500 rwhp without a prob, there are a couple guys on here that are around 420 with vortech and stock bottom end, how long the motor will last is dependent on the tune , my buddy Tim has a v2 pushing 12 lbs of boost on a stock bottom end with a 100 k on the motor he has stage 2 cams and he's putting down 440 to the wheels, he's been driving it that way for a few years and he drives it hard , like I said its all about the tune , boost doesn't kill motors detonation does!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With that setup you want you'll be able to push that motor past 500 rwhp without a prob, there are a couple guys on here that are around 420 with vortech and stock bottom end, how long the motor will last is dependent on the tune , my buddy Tim has a v2 pushing 12 lbs of boost on a stock bottom end with a 100 k on the motor he has stage 2 cams and he's putting down 440 to the wheels, he's been driving it that way for a few years and he drives it hard , like I said its all about the tune , boost doesn't kill motors detonation does!
Hmm well sounds good I like the idea ill be able to have more power later on if I choose

1 - 7 of 7 Posts