Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are not familar, in the 98 Cobra the CD player is separate from the volume controls, radio, tape player, etc and I was wondering if they sell a CD player that could replace the stock one with the same controls that the stock CD player has becuase I want get a CD player that can play MP3's....I don't want to have a CD with the the volume controls because I'd have 2 sets of em and I wouldn't want to have one thing do everything and have another no functional piece of electronics in the car....I hope im kind of clear with what I am trying to say.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This isn't a picture from my car but it is the exact setup. I just want to be able to replace the CD player with another CD player of the same setup as the stock, but be able to play MP3's. I think I could get a CD player that would replace the radio, but then I would have 2 CD players in there unless I took out the stock CD player and replace it with seomthing...If you need a better pic I'll try to find one.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
mine in my 99 was like that. i just bought an aftermarket cd player, took both of the decks out of the stang, and put my new one in the top.

for the bottom, you can buy trays, or buy a switch plate from zim!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I guess I'll probably end up doing that then...I'll come up with something good to fill up that space from the bottom CD player.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
at pep boys they sell some kits that are specially designed for whatever car you have which cover those empty spaces when you put an after market cd player looks like it came out of the factory like that it should only cost about 25 bucks at most

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
thats what i did. i bought a tray for mine to hold my remote and what not.

ill probably buy a switch plate from zim if i can find the money. thats pitiful... i cant get my hands on $35, haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts