Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where l could find a stock 2000-2004 GT hood with the hood scoop that would fit a 2004 v6 online? Does it even fit a v6? Like this one...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Aren't 04 hoods the reversed cowl one. You can buy the scoop by itself online from eBay or AM. Or look on Craig's

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
really? i wish i had the reverse cowl...same hood as the '99 cobras :good:

but to answer your question yeah it'll fit
Damn, if I would've known that I would've given you my stock 03 hood instead of to the salvage yard. Only had a couple very small rock chips too :(

But yes, the GT hoods are an exact fit. More and more are showing up on craigslist and ebay so keep your eyes out for them. I got mine from another member a few years ago for $150.

Don't put the hood scoop on your stock reverse hood...I've seen it and it looks terrible.

Keep in mind the stock 99-02 forward facing hood from the 99-00 GT's and the 99-02 v6's is the same hood as the GT hood without the scoop. If you can get one cheap pick it up and get a pre-painted scoop from AM.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn, if I would've known that I would've given you my stock 03 hood instead of to the salvage yard. Only had a couple very small rock chips too :(

But yes, the GT hoods are an exact fit. More and more are showing up on craigslist and ebay so keep your eyes out for them. I got mine from another member a few years ago for $150.

Don't put the hood scoop on your stock reverse hood...I've seen it and it looks terrible.

Keep in mind the stock 99-02 forward facing hood from the 99-00 GT's and the 99-02 v6's is the same hood as the GT hood without the scoop. If you can get one cheap pick it up and get a pre-painted scoop from AM.
haha i would never!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts