Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering how they'd hold up with nitrous.

dry, wet, or direct port.

how long would the v6 internals last?

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
well it depends how often you spray. if your spraying every day then your engine will not last too long. how often do u plan of spraying?

·
Registered
18 Posts
it depends on how often u do it and if u do it right or not, cuz if u dont abuse ur nitrous it will last a long time, ive read everywhere that the stock internals can handle a 75 shot also, just make sure if u get it uknow what ur doing cuz no one wants to mess everything up from sprayin wrong

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
actually if you get the right tuner, the engine will last forever almost. The wet kit is more forgivable than the dry kit also.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The 75 shot is considered the "safe" shot, but you can also use the 100 shot, but that will be pushing it a little.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'd be spraying about once or twice a week is all. and only at the drag strip. also, i know what a purge kit does, but is it for show mainly?

·
Registered
668 Posts
with a 75 you dont need a tune whereas with a 100 shot you do

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
tedness said:
i'd be spraying about once or twice a week is all. and only at the drag strip. also, i know what a purge kit does, but is it for show mainly?
purging allows air out of the system, so when the nitrous is actually sprayed, its all nitrous, not air

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
timpryor said:
with a 75 you dont need a tune whereas with a 100 shot you do

not necessarily.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok i understand the idea behind tuning w/ a blower but i can't figure it out with nitrous.

so...whats a 75-shot gonna do to my quarter mile if done properly?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
a 75 shot will take off almost a full second. Roughly every 100hp = 1.0sec off your 1/4mi until you reach the 11-12 sec range where aerodynamics factors in.

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
I would never spray without having a tune PERIOD!!!

When you tune for nitrous the tuner will often use a flip switch to go from a stock tune to a nitrous tune where the timing is retarded where as with a N/A tune for 92 octane they bump up the timing. Tuning is critical when dealing with stock fuel injected cars.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts