Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving through the rain in my standard stock tires, I found that if I come to a stop and then accelerate my tires seem to constantly spin. I have to be really really slow in the rain.

During the rainy season in January I was making a left turn when my car lost traction and I had to turn the wheel around a bit to gain control so I would stop sliding.

What do you think, time for new wheels? I have the stock V6 98 tires and the same stock rims. I also heard from another V6 stang owner that she has the same problem with her tires, also stock.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
You have a open differential. meaning only one wheel spins. in rain it is easy to get one will spinning especially a hard rubber tire that is not a All season tire!!!

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should I be looking for an all season tire then?

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
ifyour tires are the tires that came on the car when you bought it in 98, then yes id say its defanitely time for some new tires. Go get a penny and stick it in the tread on your tires, if the tread doesnt at least get to the top of lincolns hair, then your treads worn too much.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well with the new tires I can get some new rims on them now :headbang:

·
Registered
941 Posts
if you want to keep your wheels you can use 225/60/15 tires. get an all season tire and if you are sticking with goodyear, get a eagle HP instead of the stock GA's, the GA's are crap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts