Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that it will never be possible to turn a stock mustang into an official Boss 302 because of the limited production and the numbering of the cars. However, is it possible to take a regular mustang and put all of the Boss 302 items on it? I have a white 2013 California Special.
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1421792728.252203.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What exactly does the red key do? All I know about the red key is that it is "for track use only." Obviously it unlocks the beast, but what exactly is the beast?

·
Registered
241 Posts
It changes about 200 parameters of the computer. ...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there not a mechanic that can change the parameters manually?

·
Registered
241 Posts
The first thing you notice is the lumpy idel the rest I couldn't begin to tell you.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Look on your drivers door,if you're car was made by 7-1 -13 and has a manual transmission I think you can buy the red key

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
My car was made in 2012, so that would be a no. What is under the Boss that makes it the car it is? I know that there is the intake manifold, H-pipe quad exhaust, and the brembo brakes. Also something with cylinder heads and upgraded Pistons I believe.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I think I read it wrong if your car is a manual transmission and made after 7 1 13 you can get the red key. ...

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
My car was made in 2012, so that would be a no. What is under the Boss that makes it the car it is? I know that there is the intake manifold, H-pipe quad exhaust, and the brembo brakes. Also something with cylinder heads and upgraded Pistons I believe.

Forged internals, different cams, machining done on heads, With Track Key you must run 93 octane and improves acceleration also gives lopey idle. Track key also unlocks launch control function which is cool. Also Boss comes with 3:73 gears and some appearance items inside and out. Adjustable shocks and tower brace, if I think of anything else I will let you know!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I thought the heads and cams were stock...

The heads have been specially machined by SVT. I was told cams slightly more aggressive but will need to verify that

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Biggest difference I've noticed about the Boss versus stock coyote is RPM's wind up quick and you don't want to let off. Motor begs to be rev'd and the harder you drive it the better it handles. Boss does not feel comfortable to me doing speed limit!

·
Registered
241 Posts
The 5.0 Alumina tor has boss 302 cnc ported heads and boss camshafts, so I say you're correct. ...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts