Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Svt did not have anything to do with the boss.

So much " I think I think I think I know " in this thread

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Anyway I have a Boss but I stumbled upon it. I went to the dealer to purchase a Coyote powered 14 GT and they had a 2012 Boss there with 7500 miles on it and I got it for about the same price. So I got it! I really have not had a lot of time to spend with the car yet I have been slammed busy at work for months with no end in immediate sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Are all of the things on the Boss able to be purchased? My build list on American muscle is adding up, but it doesn't have everything I need.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Yes, if you are planning on doing the internals skip the boss internals. They are crap imo. If you are already tearing into the motor do it right.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I would just get a boss, trade your car in you will probably save money

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Yes, if you are planning on doing the internals skip the boss internals. They are crap imo. If you are already tearing into the motor do it right.

True if I was building a motor I would not scout out the Boss internals but I wouldn't say they are crap! Depends on what your intent with the car is as far as HP goals. For a production car it is damn good and if you can get one without paying a premium I think it's worth it. I'm not sure what I am going to do with mine yet. Too busy at work!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
If I don't go for the boss internals, then it really wouldn't be a boss at all. I want to convert my car to as much of a Boss as possible even though it will never be an official Boss. The Boss is a sharp car that catches a lot of attention and I really like that. It's a project that I really want to take on.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
If I don't go for the boss internals, then it really wouldn't be a boss at all. I want to convert my car to as much of a Boss as possible even though it will never be an official Boss. The Boss is a sharp car that catches a lot of attention and I really like that. It's a project that I really want to take on.

Why are you putting the boss on a pedestal?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

It's really not going to be a Boss no matter what you do. You can do the look by getting a boss grille, install a boss intake, have your heads ported and install aftermarket internals and actually have an even better motor. But if a Boss is what you truly want I would just try to buy one. They are selling in the low to mid 30's right now and that would be a lot better than attempting to build a clone

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
I could understand building yours up for something. But not a 100% boss clone makes no sense at all. If that's the case buy one

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
It is a car I admire because of the limited production. Anybody could go out and buy a Shelby or Roush. It's a little harder to get a Boss. From where I am in Georgia, I see enough GT500s and Roushes to make me sick. I can only recall seeing two Boss 302s and both of them were at a car show. You could say that it's the kid in me I guess.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
It is a car I admire because of the limited production. Anybody could go out and buy a Shelby or Roush. It's a little harder to get a Boss. From where I am in Georgia, I see enough GT500s and Roushes to make me sick. I can only recall seeing two Boss 302s and both of them were at a car show. You could say that it's the kid in me I guess.

So you want a fake one? Makes no sense. If you want that one that bad, buy one

21 - 40 of 44 Posts