Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i found all those stupids lists with stock vehicle times, but none of them listed the stock time for a 1999 mustang v6 coupe. they all said convertible times.

i know there is some difference, even if minimal, because of the extra 200lbs the convertible carries around. so i wanted to know how much it affected the coupe without that weight.

so if anyone has any insight into the quarter mile and 0-60 times lemme know.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Wow almost a whole second just from manual to automatic? The times always change depending on where you are. People on the east coast tend to get better times than people on the west coast. In your case, at least stereotypically, it would be very humid when you ran so it may be a little off. The only way to really know is to take it to a track. And although everyone always says "it depends on the driver" everyone already knows that and you're just looking for base times which have previously been provided. I would just expect yours to be slightly slower depending on the weather. If you go now while it's cold they'll be slightly faster.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Just like you said I could only find convertibles on the list, the only non-convertible one they had was the 95'. The first number is 0-60 second is quarter mile

1999 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 8.6 16.5
1995 Ford Mustang 9.9 17.3

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
red herring said:
Wow almost a whole second just from manual to automatic?
yea ive seen a stock vs stock just manual and automatic being the differance, auto run 16.7 and the manual a 15.9 over here on east coast as u were talkin bout..but of course the driver plays a big part

·
Registered
298 Posts
Dark02Pony said:
yea ive seen a stock vs stock just manual and automatic being the differance, auto run 16.7 and the manual a 15.9 over here on east coast as u were talkin bout..but of course the driver plays a big part
All the more reason to get a manual. I expect next time we go to the drag strip by my house (west coast) the 2004 v6 mustang will run a 16.4 or so, we'll see how close I am to being correct. California sucks for that kinda stuff.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
yeah i needa run and get my times im hoping to get like you said , 16.4 atleast ill have a few more mods by then though so we'll see what happens

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
red herring said:
Just like you said I could only find convertibles on the list, the only non-convertible one they had was the 95'. The first number is 0-60 second is quarter mile

1999 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 8.6 16.5
1995 Ford Mustang 9.9 17.3
ya. too innacurate considering the '99 up put out about 40 more horses.

but would that 200lbs really make half a second difference between the times?

·
Registered
298 Posts
tedness said:
ya. too innacurate considering the '99 up put out about 40 more horses.

but would that 200lbs really make half a second difference between the times?
I wouldn't count on 200lbs making 1/2 a second difference, but it might be close. Just imagine if you had another male passenger what would you run? probably 2/10 slower maybe 3. Those lists are always inaccurate but I posted em anyway because they don't just make those numbers up, somebody ran em.

·
Registered
187 Posts
as a general rule, for every 100 lbs of weight added or taken off will add or take off .1 seconds. its not a perfect science but its a pretty good general rule. it might be a half second for the convertable AOD tranny. but of course it all depends on the driver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
14.01 here with 75hp n20 added

2000 mustangv6 convertible automatic... 1.8 -60ft, .445r/t 8.9- 1/8 at 98 mph without stripping and with 17x11 chrome wheels... with at least 3650 lbs.

·
Registered
298 Posts
yldstang said:
2000 mustangv6 convertible automatic... 1.8 -60ft, .445r/t 8.9- 1/8 at 98 mph without stripping and with 17x11 chrome wheels... with at least 3650 lbs.
1.8 60ft. with an auto v6? Thats pretty good. Plus you can do the 1/8 at 98m.p.h.? That's pretty good too.

·
Registered
676 Posts
red herring said:
1.8 60ft. with an auto v6? Thats pretty good. Plus you can do the 1/8 at 98m.p.h.? That's pretty good too.
thats with a 75 shot too

look for around 16.2's your 1st night.

I'll be dropping at least a second off my ET sometime fairly soon

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you wont do a 1.8 with a stock rear suspension and an auto the stock/street tires cant handle it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts