Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has told me to go to a muffler shop and tell them to delete resonator, and muffler, and have 3 inch straight pipe, and have 3 inch stainless steel tips.

My question is would this be good? Will it sound good? Thanks in advanced!

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
Your friend is what we call an "internet racer". If you ever heard a straight piped 6 it sounds like complete ass. Lots of noise tho...

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
A 4.0 with long tubes and an o/r h and straight piped doesn't sound terrible, but it is extremely loud....a good mid muffler cleans up nice and sounds a lot better

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Sad Panda
5,640 Posts
A 4.0 with long tubes and an o/r h and straight piped doesn't sound terrible, but it is extremely loud....a good mid muffler cleans up nice and sounds a lot better

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Agree with mid muffler setup. Also with the 4" tips. At least 4" looked better with the GT rear bumper I had. I wouldn't run pipe bigger than 2.5" though. I had shorty headers, pypes X with stock cats and muffler deletes on my old 05 and it didn't sound bad. Sounded a lot more tame with the GT mufflers on it tho than with muffler deletes. I'll see if I can find videos

2010 Grabber Blue GT
1999 Contour ES
1998 Black GT - sold
2005 Satin Silver GT - sold
2005 Satin Silver sixxer - sold
IG = @silverskoundrel

·
Sad Panda
5,640 Posts
Here is a video with the more tame GT take off mufflers

http://youtu.be/fngacNj7RnA

& heres with the muffler deletes + 4" tips even though I don't think u can see em well

http://youtu.be/JCOe0Jyvgnk

2010 Grabber Blue GT
1999 Contour ES
1998 Black GT - sold
2005 Satin Silver GT - sold
2005 Satin Silver sixxer - sold
IG = @silverskoundrel

·
Registered
49 Posts
An X-Pipe with Mid-Mufflers sounds the best in my opinion for a V6. Perfect amount of loudness when you want it, and a nice deep tone, even at idle.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sounds amazing what did you do to get that sound?

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

It sounds like a resonator and muffler delete with an x-pipe.

2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
Bama tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts