Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2014 gt and straight as straight gets with straight piping.
I’m honestly tired of it and want to tone it down a little bit but still would like to piss off my neighbors lol.
would you suggest putting the resonator back on? Mufflers? Or whole new exhaust?

·
Registered
8,484 Posts
I suggest just sucking it up, and doing nothing...

There is a price to pay for pissing off the neighbors. Sacrifices must be made.
Think about it this way... You are only minorly annoyed, while several of your neighbors, and probably dozens of random people, are bothered by your car exhaust on a daily basis.
Stand united with all of us neighbor-pisser-offer's everywhere!

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Put on a new exhaust system. Youtube will help you with your decision.

Reactions: Ghosted_5.0

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recommend GT500 Mufflers with a “free flowing” setup. Best sound you’ll get out of a coyote. Not overkill loud unless you want it to be (if that makes sense). Of course I’m running the factory CAI and a Lund tune so that might make a slight difference in tone. I have essentially the same setup (factory manifolds, 3”lethal off-road x, resonator delete, single exit GT500 mufflers. Breaks necks everywhere I go. Sounds evil af when engine braking/downshifting, and sounds glorious at WOT from 3k, to 7k. No noticeable drone either (if that’s a concern). I think when I bought mine new I paid $380 or something for just the axle backs. Nothing to sneeze at but you can find them used for around $200 average. Either way it’s worth the glorious rumble. In fairness I’ve actually heard some pretty good things about magnaflow catback setups as well, but no personal experience. Been pondering either the kooks 1” 7/8” SS or hooker blackheart shorties to complete my system, but this Florida summer heat dictates anything car related at this point is basic maintenance or something that can be accomplished in 30 minutes or less 🤣

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I have no cats, car is loud as, well LOUD. I drive by sound out of the neighborhood. I think it would be fine back country but urban life its just embarrassing loud. Plus every dick and harry wants to race me. Car is stowed, but i am leaning towards resonators. The farthest back you can go from what I have read will tone it down. I'm looking at the vibrant proformance res. 3 inch in and out.
I have headers straight back to x-pipe to the roush muffler. 2013 stage 3 here. Good luck and look forward to reading what you decide and how it turns out for you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have no cats, car is loud as, well LOUD. I drive by sound out of the neighborhood. I think it would be fine back country but urban life its just embarrassing loud. Plus every dick and harry wants to race me. Car is stowed, but i am leaning towards resonators. The farthest back you can go from what I have read will tone it down. I'm looking at the vibrant proformance res. 3 inch in and out.
I have headers straight back to x-pipe to the roush muffler. 2013 stage 3 here. Good luck and look forward to reading what you decide and how it turns out for you.
My '94 5.0 has no cats and STINKS! I don't recall cars years ago smelling so obnoxious w/o cats, but then, they were not EFI (should make no difference?).

What's going on?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts