Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Bamman said:
would it be worth straight piping my v6? would i notice any hp gains?
You'll have some benefit but the noise will drive you insane...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Im about to get mine straight piped after the cats cause my exhaust guy told me to haha so well see how that sounds. If sounds bad then ill throw some mufflers on there

·
Registered
540 Posts
My buddy has it done and personally id stay away from it it sounds really raspy high rpms and you can hear it a mile away but it sounds like a ricer when you hear it coming

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Get dual exhaust and just leave one catback off and you'll be good.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

What about straight piped roush side exhaust?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Just took out my whole tailpipe for fun, only drove it for like 5 minutes, but I kinda like it haha, I'm gonna ride it for a while and see if I can get used to it, them mabey just have a shop do a turndown or a short tail pipe

·
Registered
654 Posts
I can say this I have had true dual straight pipes no cats finished off with flow master 40s sounded mean as hell everyone said sounded as good if not better than v8 lot of ppl on here has all round different opinion when all said and done its your ride and only ur opinion matters about your ride .. Advice is always accepted but go where u wanna go

·
Registered
654 Posts
Honestly anything other than factory has a chance to hurt mpg .. But I couldn't really tell a big change in them except in town highway was better

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm going to try and get a clip tomorrow so you can hear mine. Last week my y pipe was cut and got divorce duals(no x or h) with 2 pypes m80's. Wow! It sounds beast!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Does anyone have a glass pack dumped infront of the rear axle? I'm thinking of doin that, just hook the muffler straight up to the y pipe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts