Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've heard alot of opinions about straight pipes but I wanted to see what you guys thought. Do they really burn your valves or are they even bad for your engine?

·
Registered
638 Posts
bobsurvives said:
Never heard of them being bad for your engine... But, I have straight pipe to my flow master mufflers and I LOVE IT.
That would be a bad ass set up!! Yeah I don't think there bad just a-little too damn loud without a muffler haha

·
Banned
699 Posts
I ran sp for a week she had no back pressure and wasnt very torque long term id say it proly wooda hurtem and its WAY to loud id mat it for 30 sec my ears ring for 3 days and when i got out of the car i was shakeing. Lasted a couple hours... Still the best sounding exhaust note ive ever heard on a 302 though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bet! I have heard straight pipes were bad for your engine but wasn't sure. I don't have the Money for mufflers now so I was just curious.
Thanks

·
Registered
638 Posts
96 stang said:
I bet! I have heard straight pipes were bad for your engine but wasn't sure. I don't have the Money for mufflers now so I was just curious.
Thanks
Ouch straight pipes are loud without mufflers just a heads up haha you could get a ticket cruising at night as a disturbance if a cop rolls by and can hear your rumble over his own head thinking haha but he will know you car is straight beast

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I was just thinking of running no mufflers but keep my cats but I also don't wanna loose power. Do you guys think I'll be fine like that?

·
Registered
216 Posts
93slowstang said:
It will still be loud and your car will be fine.
Yeah your car will be fine, I had no cats and mufflers before and it was too damn loud. I got the flowmaster mufflers and it has a nice deep, LOUD, throaty sound maybe itll sound close to mine if you keep the cats on

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Well I was just thinking of running no mufflers but keep my cats but I also don't wanna loose power. Do you guys think I'll be fine like that?
If I were you then I'd just wait until funds arise to buy the exhaust set-up you want. I honestly can not stand the sound of straight pipes. :/ It's just obnoxious.

·
Titus Wadicus
2,103 Posts
cats wit no mufflers doesnt sound all that horrible. run it that way till u get money for mufflers

·
Registered
783 Posts
I have Bassani X pipe Cat-less Borla stingers (of course no Mufflers)! My exhaust says F you ! HA Loud is better as long as it sounds good!

Man I still got to get a You tube video of mine! I will try to do that this week!

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
in order for it to burn your valves you would have to have very big pipe or a very short exhaust line~ you should have no issues just removing your cars using the same size pipe that the rest of the area is and then use mufflers... you want mufflers else it will sound bad.

·
Registered
438 Posts
96 stang said:
I'm running this setup right now and love it on my 02

·
Registered
532 Posts
96 stang said:
Yes that'll be fine!

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

bobsurvives said:
Never heard of them being bad for your engine... But, I have straight pipe to my flow master mufflers and I LOVE IT.
I consider straight pipe as no cats or mufflers. Its what some rednecks do to there 4WDs. And its so choppy sounds like ass.

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
I fail to see how straight pipes,even open headers would cause damage to 4stroke eng?...your valves provide all the back pressure you need!...not saying exhaust doesn't effect hp tq just sayin!..
2cycle engines are a different story as far as back pressure...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was just talking to my Exhaust guy about this yesterday, no it won't harm your car, it will leave you with loud tho, and it might not sound good on decel, you may get some popping off throttle, but as said before, cats and resonators still on is not straight pipe, no worries man do what you gotta do til you can do what you wanna do.

·
Titus Wadicus
2,103 Posts
So you don't like pipes that are loud because you say they are obnoxious. But then you say you wouldn't be able to hear mine over yours. You sound like an idiot bro.

Mine are the loudest i've heard, so, assuming that you are telling the truth with I highly doubt now, you must have some seriously obnoxiously loud pipe which you said in the beginning that you don't like. What a clown.
really?....... we are talkn bout freak'n exhaust here. it's not that serious. dont turn this thread into something it's not

1 - 20 of 26 Posts