Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so i installed my straight pipes but im concerned they might be too loud..are straight pipes supposed to sound pretty loud?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
yes they are loud...even if you have cats they are loud....too loud? i don't think so butt then again i'm use to them

·
Registered
779 Posts
No they have stock mufflers and cats
Then it's not straight pipe. straight pipe means no muffler or built muffler in place also no cats. I had a 98 with no mufflers I just unbolted the exhaust and had the cats on it was loud but not really that loud were the cops will bug you

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Divorced pipes is what you are thinking OP. A lot of people go divorced, and a lot do a mid pipe, such as an x or h pipe. It's really a personal taste thing. I've done both, and niether is louder than the other. Straight pipes on a V6 stang is a really, really bad idea. No cats and no mufflers. Very loud, and very bad sounding.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Divorced pipes is what you are thinking OP. A lot of people go divorced, and a lot do a mid pipe, such as an x or h pipe. It's really a personal taste thing. I've done both, and niether is louder than the other. Straight pipes on a V6 stang is a really, really bad idea. No cats and no mufflers. Very loud, and very bad sounding.
I'm running divorced duals and no cats (straight piped) and it was way louder than the h pipe i had fabbed on before. and straight piping isn't a bad idea. you may lose mpg but its personal perference. my friends mach 1 is straight piped and he loves it. sound is a personal perference as well.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I'm running divorced duals and it was way louder than the h pipe i had fabbed on before. and straight piping isn't a bad idea. you may lose mpg but its personal perference. my friends mach 1 is straight piped and he loves it. sound is a personal perference as well.
A mach 1 (v8) sounds waaaaay different than the v6 straight piped. You cant compare apples to oranges.

·
Registered
748 Posts
A mach 1 (v8) sounds waaaaay different than the v6 straight piped. You cant compare apples to oranges.
yes they doooooo. i didnt compare them to one another. I simply stated he loves his straight piped and i love mine straight piped. no comparison between apples and oranges was said above.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts