Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running straight pipes with an offroad x or h right now? I looked at the exhaust sticky and couldn't find it.

I just wanna know how bad it is inside the cab or if the car even sounds okay. I wanna basically run straight pipe with an offroad mid until I can afford some awesome mufflers.

Thanksss!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Is anyone running straight pipes with an offroad x or h right now? I looked at the exhaust sticky and couldn't find it.

I just wanna know how bad it is inside the cab or if the car even sounds okay. I wanna basically run straight pipe with an offroad mid until I can afford some awesome mufflers.

Thanksss!
I'd imagine no mufflers and no cats can't sound good at all!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I ran strait x pipes and cut them off under the axle. It was too loud but sounded great. Put shorty cats on there and it sounded the same just a lot quieter. It is the same signature sound with the volume turned down. People said the exhaust sounded like a v-8.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Project Pony said:
No cats and no mufflers on a v6 is one of the most horrible sounds I've heard come from any car.
Yea I agree. If ur running a 6 keep the cats on. Makes it sound sooooo much better

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Thats not necessarily true. I have no cats and haven't run into a person that doesnt love how mine sounds. I do however have a prochamber and mufflers.

·
Premium Member
14,477 Posts
I've been wanting a mid pipe! How is it? Is it louder? Any performance gains?
I just swapped an o/r prochamber onto mine and it sounds amazing. It's a different engine but prochambers make all cars sound great.

·
Registered
835 Posts
It wouldn't really hurt much to try, I would love to just run open headers on any and every car. But that's just me, My dad said that he was like that too, but he eventually grew out of it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts