Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2001 v6 mustang and it has a sort of thwapping or whomping noise(not exactly but it's the best way I can think to describe it, I'm hoping someone will know what I mean?) and the clutch pedal shakes, it's worst between 2 and 3000 rms in 1st and 2nd gear. Maybe it's normal? I'm hoping Someone can give me some advice. I've driven manuals before but never a v6 so for all I know it's normal. The only other thing is that the ABS light is on but the dealership just put all new brakes on it yesterday. I'd like to get some suggestions if possible before I take it to the dealership and question it. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
take it to any autoparts and get the ABS code run...good to know what it is on for before taking it to the dealer...as for the shaking ...check the quadrant on the pedal and see if it's bent...stock they are plastic and junk so it wouldn't surprise me. also check the cable..could be stretched

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
Clutch cable probs can cause trouble getting it into gear or even popping out of gear, hard clutch pedal, or clutch pedal movement not smooth. Are you experiencing anything like that? Does it feel like the clutch is slipping under hard acceleration or going up a hill? Being that the it has worse symptoms in an RPM range, maybe its a wheel balance problem...? Maybe an alignment problem?

·
Registered
13 Posts
take it to any autoparts and get the ABS code run...good to know what it is on for before taking it to the dealer...as for the shaking ...check the quadrant on the pedal and see if it's bent...stock they are plastic and junk so it wouldn't surprise me. also check the cable..could be stretched
I did sumthing like this...and it works.:headbang:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts