Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
2002 Ford Mustang GT, TBoneHD32
After a drive of around 55 to 70 miles an hour for an extended period of 20 minutes or more. I put my car in reverse and there is a sound like rubber on metal, and I can feel the sound at the same time coming from rear of car. I replaced all pads, and rotors, and I know I have a leak at my differential pinion seal , but when I changed my diff cover I did not see any metal shavings in the fluid, the fluid did look frothy though. My car also shakes violently when driving between 60-65. I found that all my tires were severely under aired. Haven't driven far since adding air to tires. Pinion seal comes in next week some time. if i want to solve it by myself, does the tool FLY200 scanner can help me?
Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Maybe transmission mount is broke or something. When u put in reverse, your tyranny moving a little bit. Maybe exhaust is loose.

·
Registered
598 Posts
2002 Ford Mustang GT, TBoneHD32
After a drive of around 55 to 70 miles an hour for an extended period of 20 minutes or more. I put my car in reverse and there is a sound like rubber on metal, and I can feel the sound at the same time coming from rear of car. I replaced all pads, and rotors, and I know I have a leak at my differential pinion seal , but when I changed my diff cover I did not see any metal shavings in the fluid, the fluid did look frothy though. My car also shakes violently when driving between 60-65. I found that all my tires were severely under aired. Haven't driven far since adding air to tires. Pinion seal comes in next week some time. if i want to solve it by myself, does the tool FLY200 scanner can help me?
Any ideas?
Did you ever get the pinion seal on? Have you drove it since you aired up the tire? Shaking between 60-65 could be your wheels aren't balanced. Maybe a bent rim. Not sure what the noise can be. Can you get a video of the sound it's making. Maybe try changing tranny fluid as well. Im not familiar with that scanner tool is. Is your car throwing a code though? If it is, you can get it scanned for free at most auto parts stores.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts