Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Your right there, It seems they are trying way to hard to act natural. They may get better as time goes on. They are entertaining though.
Ronnie

·
Registered
106 Posts
I will admit that I enjoy watching Street Outlaws. I would like the series more if it had more racing and less reality TV drama scripted in. I think my opinion matches the general consensus of those that watch the show. I am also amused by Farmtruck and ASN. They could have their own spin off show based on their "fishing trips" and goofy antics.

When the Discovery Channel gave New Orleans a season I watched it with the sound muted. The narration is beyond catastrophic. I was certain that Street Outlaws would be cancelled, or the producers would see their mistake and put the New Orleans attempt behind them.

The New Orleans series is back, and I can only ask, "Why"? Why would Discovery make the same exact mistake and failure twice? I watched the first episode of the second attempt expecting improvements. After 10 minutes I was glad I recorded the show. I used fast-forward through most of the nightmare. The races are decent to watch, but the fake drama and poorly read scripts are unbearable.
F**K those illegal street racers.
It's a HUGE problem here in Albuquerque, for several reasons.

They speed like crazy. On streets that are 40 MPH, they often go at least 60. There was an incident where a guy was going 70, hit a pothole, pushed him sideways onto a curb, then into a gas pump, narrowly missing the parked car there and the guy fueling his car.

In another incident, a young girl (8 or 10 years old) was killed due to street racing. Two jackasses were racing on the I-25 frontage road, which is 45 MPH; police later estimated both racing cars were traveling 90-100 MPH. A family was leaving a movie theater in the family van, and pulled out, thinking they had enough space to merge , which they normally would have if the racers were going 45-50 MPH. However, the racers were going 100 miles per hour. One slammed into the back of the van, killing the girl. Parents were injured. At that speed, none of the involved parties had time to react.

The list goes on and on.
There's a reason they make drag strips and road courses. Street racing is so stupid because the roads are so unpredictable. They're not uniformly smooth like a track: there are potholes, bumps in the asphalt, peds crossing, uneven shoulders, etc, etc.

Fu*K street racers. I think anyone caught doing it should have their car impounded.
:furious:

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
F**K those illegal street racers.
It's a HUGE problem here in Albuquerque, for several reasons.

They speed like crazy. On streets that are 40 MPH, they often go at least 60. There was an incident where a guy was going 70, hit a pothole, pushed him sideways onto a curb, then into a gas pump, narrowly missing the parked car there and the guy fueling his car.

In another incident, a young girl (8 or 10 years old) was killed due to street racing. Two jackasses were racing on the I-25 frontage road, which is 45 MPH; police later estimated both racing cars were traveling 90-100 MPH. A family was leaving a movie theater in the family van, and pulled out, thinking they had enough space to merge , which they normally would have if the racers were going 45-50 MPH. However, the racers were going 100 miles per hour. One slammed into the back of the van, killing the girl. Parents were injured. At that speed, none of the involved parties had time to react.

The list goes on and on.
There's a reason they make drag strips and road courses. Street racing is so stupid because the roads are so unpredictable. They're not uniformly smooth like a track: there are potholes, bumps in the asphalt, peds crossing, uneven shoulders, etc, etc.

Fu*K street racers. I think anyone caught doing it should have their car impounded.
:furious:
Take a breath and calm down. No one here is pushing for street racing. The show itself is what we have been focused on, with a few side tracked comments.

While I will admit that the people featured on Street Outlaws are known offenders, the show itself is produced in a controlled environment.

In GA if you are caught street racing you will likely be charged with a combination of "reckless driving", "exhibition of speed", "super speeder", "aggressive driving", and if spectators are around you could even face "child endangerment". The consequences of those charges are not something one would want to endure.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I have heard in FLORIDA that if you are caught street racing, You not only get a huge fine but may or may not get jail time and will definitely lose your license but also may lose your car.
I'm with KonaGT12 on his views of street racing but he needs to know that these are TV shows and if you watch any of them they say """" DO NOT DO THIS """
It is not the 60's and 70's with good smooth open traffic free roads anymore,
It is the 20's and nothing but driveways and traffic even in the country.
Ya wanna run, Go to a drag strip and run. It may cost a buck or two but you won't be losing your license or car.
Almost all of the drag strips have the run what ya brung timing only trials and welcome grudge matches.
I'm not saying I have not done it but I do say it was stupid and really ignorant of me when I did it.
Ronnie

·
Registered
106 Posts
I know, I hear ya, that's just my soap box.
Lol.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I know, I hear ya, that's just my soap box.
Lol.
Be careful Kona. This is a great group of guys, but every now and then they will knock you off of the soapbox, and then beat you with it. That is after they make you eat any of the soap the box may include.

All jokes aside; I'm pretty sure most of the guys here are all against street racing. I don't know of any that are involved in organized, illegal street racing. It isn't worth the risk.

However, I will watch the videos and shows every chance I get. If the racer is arrested, it is more entertaining.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The Savannah GA episode of the N. O. show will air next Monday. Andy Mac, racing the blue GMC, Bipolar is racing.

I'm embarrassed to see how ignorant this show will make people I know look.

Andy Mac is normally at the Carolina Dragway in Jackson, SC. Just across the river from me.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts