Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tonight at 9pm est on discovery channel is somethign about street racing. modding cars and stuff.

"The culture of street racing is an urban phenomenon that's spreading across the globe. Meet the kids spending loads of time and money gearing up their first cars to transform them into lighter, faster, louder and flashier drags." --> the description.

should make for a decent watch

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
im there, im gonna tivo it, theyre modding a 1st gen eclipse, i cant wait to see what it does.

·
Registered
19 Posts
... yeah... lets take two street racing rivals and have pro tuners fix up their cars instead of the racers. bleh. i'll still watch it though.

i almost died laughing when a kid said "so you want to put some money on this tonight maybe?" in a high pitched whiney voice. oh man.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
yeah i just watched it on my tivo. it sucked. they showed nothing on what they did to the cars, which is what i wanted to see. i wanted to see them get in depth with that eclipse and get to the nitty gritty. they put in a new clutch, bigger turbo and nos. big whooptee. the honda was stupid, they just swapped the engine to a dohc. i dont know if they turboed it, but the girl said it had a t3/t4 setup. it wouldve been better if they put LSD on that honduh, it wouldve taken the dsm off the line. funny though he broke an axle and still whooped her ass. and then she cried after the race.

all in all i think MTV's True Life: im a streetracer had better value than this. and that kid "wanna put 240 on it?" he made me laugh. did he win or lose, all i saw was someone handing someone the money, but the kid looked sad and the guy with the eclipse was all smiling. i dont think id smile if i lost.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
she had a turbo before the show. thats why she said she has a T3/T4 setup. she was pushing like 220hp they said before the dohc swap

and maybe you can tell me this eclipse -- why did they do the b16a and not a b18a?

·
Registered
19 Posts
yeah... and molly sharron isn't hot. anyways, huge disappointment. it was just a bunch of "tuners" who wanted to be on TV and act like idiots. they were talking about MASSIVE POWER when the cars had like 350 hp. its a big upgrade... but i wouldn't call it a monster. i was so pissed that they 1) didn't go "in-depth into the underground world of street racing" like the show prompted and 2) didn't show any of the mechanics behind the upgrades... instead i got jackasses and kids who cant drive.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
yea that was a waste of time to watch i thought it was kinda stupid

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Ha i walked out and cooked an apple pie during it...alot better use of my time.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
8.1 and 9.1 were the times. And the Talon snapped his front axle when he launched.

I guess I could see thier point about the cash situation, I mean, I'm not giving anyone a three grand turbo setup for one race.

On MTV's True Life: I'm a Street Racer, check out www.bakersfieldstreetracing.com That's the city where it took place at.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Man, I used to have fun doing a few races here and there but ever since fast and the furious and crap like that, cops have been all over us. Stupid rich kids get their rents to buy cars and they go crazy on them, get all sorts of power, and can't drive worth crap. That really bothers me. Sure, we had our share of close calls, but never, never i say a wreck happened. Until these kids came in and started messing it up. O well, that's why i stopped organized street racing, too many risks.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
usually the kids just stand and watch anyways. and theyre the first to run to their cars and get caught, while the big boys, who are ready for it, just drive off. quite funny actually, to come back to that sopt a hour later and theyre still there handing out tickets.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
oh and the talons time was 8.1 with a snapped axle, pushing a measly 350hp, and the girl had a 9.6 with a turboed DOHC 400hp. i know how bad it is to have fwd and a turbo, but dam. even if she had slicks and LSD, he still wouldve whooped on her. they only spent like 3 grand on the talon, and 5 minutes showing them working on it, and they spent somewhere close to 17 grand (if the parts werent free) and 40 minutes on what they did to it. rather biased show. but they werent even matched evenly to begin with. shouldve been like an integra vs a civic, or a GTi VR6 golf or whatever vs a FWD GST eclipse. ive ran into a GTi and while i still won, he was at my rear bumper the whole time. hey discovery can come to my house and soup up my car anytime they want for free, then have me race some mofo on TV anyday for free mods.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
umm not exactly, unless youre racing the LS1 then id say ARE YOU NUTZ?!!

lol the LS1 Trans ams run like a high 13 huh? i tried to get a firehawk to race but hicks in their pontiacs think theyre hot ****. bumpin garth brooks.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Where are you hearing thet the Honda was running 400HP? The only HP# I ever heard was 200 for the honda... Which is sad for a car they dumped 10 grand into.

Didn't you love the classy install on the Talon? Sheetmetal screw the arming switch to the dash board and use blue ducttape to strap the button to the side of the gear shift. Oh, and make sure to leave all the wires and hoses just laying around in the passenger compartment. That was fucking sad

1 - 20 of 20 Posts