Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cars out for paint and bodywork but I can't decide on stripes... I'm painting it the factory red but i can't make up my mind on stripes any ideas?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
My cars out for paint and bodywork but I can't decide on stripes... I'm painting it the factory red but i can't make up my mind on stripes any ideas?
What are your plans for the car.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's black interior and I was thinking white stripes of some sort... I'm going for a retro street rod look

·
Registered
884 Posts
It's black interior and I was thinking white stripes of some sort... I'm going for a retro street rod look
I my self would not strip the reason the strips where done in the 60's was to keep the glare of the sun out of the drivers eyes while racing

·
Registered
230 Posts
The factory t code dark red... Sorry I forgot about it in the other post
Well if exterior is dark red and interior is black, I personally wouldn't go with the white stripes. Either go with black to go with interior or my personal opinion, stripe less. Never been a fan of stripes unless its a specific color combo like blue stripes on white car or the Eleanor style with gun metal gray and black stripes.

·
Registered
161 Posts
that depends, are you doing a restomod? meaning are you stripping the chrome and emblems to clean up the look of the car? or are you doing a full restoration complete with badges and other trim pieces? if going the restomod route, then stripes wont look out of place, and may even enhance the look, given the right color combination. otherwise i would leave off the stripes.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's kinda a mix of both, I'm keeping most of the trim, putting on torq thrust d wheels, a full flowmaster exhaust and a warmed up 289... I was kinda leaning towards stripes just to break up the sea of red on the hood

·
Registered
884 Posts
It's kinda a mix of both, I'm keeping most of the trim, putting on torq thrust d wheels, a full flowmaster exhaust and a warmed up 289... I was kinda leaning towards stripes just to break up the sea of red on the hood
If the sea of red is the problem I would find a person that does air brushing and have them paint something on the hood. When I get mine back here I will be having the hood air brushed. Other then that the strips that where common on the hoods of the day where flat black for the reason stated before.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Actually the Shelby stripes from the 60's were to identify the cars as American in international racing. U.S. colors were white with blue stripes. Other colors came along as variations on a theme and were strictly for looks. I do agree that flat black hood treatments were to fight glare in racing. But that "look" for street cars came along a little later than stripes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
that depends, are you doing a restomod? meaning are you stripping the chrome and emblems to clean up the look of the car? or are you doing a full restoration complete with badges and other trim pieces? if going the restomod route, then stripes wont look out of place, and may even enhance the look, given the right color combination. otherwise i would leave off the stripes.
If your going for a red paint job then if it was me I'd go with stripes it makes it more like a race car not your everyday mustang

1 - 13 of 13 Posts