Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I've been almost positive I want a Kenne Bell 2.6 stage 2 for a long time. I added up exhaust and suspension and necessary mods such as injectors, plugs, the boost a pump for my stock fuel pump and so on. All of it added up plus install was 11378.87. Well I got to looking around and NOW I'm on this new thing about a striker kit. If I decide to build instead of add on I can always get the KB later on. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Doesn't seem like money is an issue so if it were me I'd build the motor first before boost...only because then you would know your internals are stout enough..

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if I did choose to build it first it would pretty much be bullet proof? If not then what would go first, assuming I use the best striker kit money can buy.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Well I know you'll find our cars are safe at around 450 hp when boosted and most of the time people keep wanting more so incase you are like that...there was a guy on here that bent a forged rod, but I don't know what kind of boost he was running.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well see that's the things, I have cams CAI full exhaust pulleys and a few other things and have 326.09 hp real wheels and I'm expected to have anywhere between 510 and 540rwhp which isn't so safe.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Should you decide to do a build you might be able to save a few bucks by using your stock crank, my mechanic told me our cranks are good to around 650 hp, so you just change out your pistons, rods and heads and you should be in the safe with boost. I'm going to put a blower on mine but I think I'm going to get forged internals first just to be safe. Good luck man keep us posted.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sounds like you have the cash to invest, you should check out that Brenspeed B326 stroker engine, I think it sells for around $5K. It is said to be able to handle up to 1000 HP and you can still use your stock heads.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah wow I might actually just go with that if I go with the build, I've looked at it and it seems super cheap for what your getting. Anyone know what a stock transmission will hold HP wise?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts