Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i decided to install this little baby...so figured i'd give a little step by step

for those wanting to do this you'll need

-strut tower brace 94-04
-4 nuts & bolts (i used grade 8s for strength)
-socket for nuts
-7mm socket
-flat head screwdriver
-drill bit (for the size of the bolt holes in the STB..mine was 5/16th)
-hack saw blade

have an hour to spare to get this done if you're alone

step 1. remove the weather stripping between the hood and cowl..remove the plastic rear fire wall, and cowl piece with the flat head & 7mm socket

step 2. notch the plastic firewall in the center to allow the STB to mount the rear to the firewall...i used the drill to make starter holes then used a hacksaw blade to cut the piece free.

step 3. test fit the STB with the plastic firewall off...now mark where the holes will be drilled

step 4. now drill out all the holes..this was actually the easiest part of the install lol. if it smokes to much add a bit of motor oil to lube the bit to keep it from over heating

step 5. reinstall the plastic firewall and cowl then refit the strut bar up.

step 6. slide the bolts in through the wheel well and then put the nut on to hold it in place on all corners. once everything is sitting in place good finish tightening it all down....for the rear bolts you can either use a speed nut and set that up while the cowl is off or use a bolt that has an expanding backing to be easy

and you're done...sit back and enjoy the view
(this pic was taken before it was buttoned down)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the write up!! This is something I've been thinking of installing as well.
Same thing I was about to say. Thanks for the write up.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It keeps the front end from flexing under high cornering situations. Also helps to keep the car flat in turns.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Just bought one today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts