Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the Ford strut tower brace came and looks great. A few odd things had me scratching in an inquisitive way however. The outer box was a "Ford Performance" box because that is the new name for all the old performance groups at Ford. Inside the Ford Performance box was the strut tower brace and K brace. The strut tower is badged "Ford Racing". Didn't Ford change the name of Ford Racing to Ford performance before the 2015 model year? Also, I had a FR strut tower brace on my 2014 Mustang that was a sturdy unit. The new one looks great but is only a notch above stamped steel. Just curious for any informed input.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hello

I bought one for my car just for looks.

I gave away the K-brace as my car already had the K-brace installed.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure it firms things up a little but I can't tell. You're right though; it does make the engine bay that much nicer.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Any specific reason why you picked the Ford brand over any others?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I put the Ford Performance strut brace on my 15 Ecoboost with PP. It made a very noticeable improvement in the composure of the front end over bad pavement.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aesthetics is only reason I went with the Ford Part. Increasing the stiffness will add to the overall balance of the car's suspension. Unless you are doing some serious tracking of your vehicle, the particulars of one brand over another (as far as strut tower braces are concerned) doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Aesthetics is only reason I went with the Ford Part. Increasing the stiffness will add to the overall balance of the car's suspension. Unless you are doing some serious tracking of your vehicle, the particulars of one brand over another (as far as strut tower braces are concerned) doesn't really matter.
I think my favorite is the Steeda brand. I like the open aesthetics of it. Good to know different brands/styles don't have an impact of performance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts