Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought mm strut tower brace from am, looked pretty superior from other braces. Did anyone notice a handling difference after an install of this brace?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
foxbox said:
Just bought mm strut tower brace from am, looked pretty superior from other braces. Did anyone notice a handling difference after an install of this brace?
Which one did you get? I need one , my motor sits 4inches higher then stock, I don't know which one will have clearance

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The maximum motorsports one, it looks like it should clear any intake along with additional engine height because the strut braces are made pretty wide apart

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Not after that brace in particular, but they do stiffen up the front end and keep the shock towers from flexing so much, so handling and ride improvements are pretty much the norm. :good:

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Which one did you get? I need one , my motor sits 4inches higher then stock, I don't know which one will have clearance
The maximum motorsports one, it looks like it should clear any intake along with additional engine height because the strut braces are made pretty wide apart
You guys are talking two different body styles so the fitment is going to be different, just so you know. :good:

WhiteCobra94, You will probably have to fabricate your own with that much height difference.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trojan Horse said:
You guys are talking two different body styles so the fitment is going to be different, just so you know. :good:

WhiteCobra94, You will probably have to fabricate your own with that much height difference.
Oops sorry guys

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I have the edelbrock performer intake which sits 1 1/2 inches higher then stock , I have a trick flow 1in spacer to clear my valve covers and I have poly motor mounts that are 1.25 inches over stock, so I'm actually 3.5inches over stock.

I have a 3.5 cowl svo hood and the too of my intake to good clearance is 1/8 inch

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts