Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, does anybody know If a strut tower brace would help my cars handing? I have a 2011 V6 mustang with the pony pkg.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Hey guys, does anybody know If a strut tower brace would help my cars handing? I have a 2011 V6 mustang with the pony pkg.
Don't the pony pkg's come with a STB?? Maybe I'm mistaken but if not yes a STB will help tighten up ur front end! I felt a big difference when I put mine on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know I thought the same thing but, I think it's the performance pkg on the v6 that gets the brace, I'm not to sure. thanks for your input on the brace. I just wasn't sure if it makes a difference, because right now driving the mustang it feels like every bump or dip in the road the car wants to pull that way.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
You know I thought the same thing but, I think it's the performance pkg on the v6 that gets the brace, I'm not to sure. thanks for your input on the brace. I just wasn't sure if it makes a difference, because right now driving the mustang it feels like every bump or dip in the road the car wants to pull that way.
For some reason I thought the pony pkg & performance pkg were the same but maybe not!? But if u don't have one I would look into one! It really helped tighten up the car & eliminates a lot of the body roll! I notice it a lot when cornering but in sure it helps keep it tight through bumps/dips! If ur interested look at cjponyparts.com they have it on sale for $105 I got it for $150!

·
Premium Member
5,451 Posts
For some reason I thought the pony pkg & performance pkg were the same but maybe not!? But if u don't have one I would look into one! It really helped tighten up the car & eliminates a lot of the body roll! I notice it a lot when cornering but in sure it helps keep it tight through bumps/dips! If ur interested look at cjponyparts.com they have it on sale for $105 I got it for $150!
Thanks for the tip at cjponyparts! I've been wanting one for some time; watched the Ebay ones go for over a hundred, then you have to add shipping. I just placed my order for one at cj's; brand new Ford piece, and free shipping. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
It doesn't come with the Pony Package, just the Performance Package but all verts come with one. Just saying.............:)

·
Premium Member
5,451 Posts
Can understand the verts coming with one since they gain a bit more body flex with the hard roof removed. It used to be that the frames of convertables had a large cross member in their frames too. This was a good frame to use for those who went track racing on a budget.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
They do have extra bracing in the frame. Some aftermarket suspension parts won't fit convertables.

·
Premium Member
5,451 Posts
I never crawled under a late model vert; good to know they have some beef in the frame. Right now the weather in Florida is great for a top down ride, but when the "Africa hot" summer hits, I'm running the AC full blast. My limited brain these days would fry with a convertible in the summer here!

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Thanks for the tip at cjponyparts! I've been wanting one for some time; watched the Ebay ones go for over a hundred, then you have to add shipping. I just placed my order for one at cj's; brand new Ford piece, and free shipping. Thanks again!
Glad I could help!!! Yea $100 is a steal I got mine for $150 from them so I'm glad my fellow mustang owner can benefit from that bargain since u bought mine already! Haha. *thumbs up*

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Go to cj for a boss strut bar. It's cheaper. Get AM to price match so you won't have rude customer service, and we all win. Except cj, we just used their prices.

·
Dragon Tail Master
1,340 Posts
Mine came with the Boss STB, Performance Package rules.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for the tip! I missed out on this deal last summer, too slow -- not this time.

·
Premium Member
5,451 Posts
Just checked the tracking number. Shipped yesterday (Thursday), and the FedEx tracking says I'll have it tomorrow (Saturday). That's quick for free ground shipping!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts