Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new tokico struts came in today which means my suspension is about to get done! But anyways it didn't come with bolts for the bottom, should I use my stock ones or? Let me know guys!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Sonicblue11 said:
My new tokico struts came in today which means my suspension is about to get done! But anyways it didn't come with bolts for the bottom, should I use my stock ones or? Let me know guys!
Always use new hardware when ever possible!.. We're they supposed to come with new bolts?.. If so then give them a call and wait for them!...

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eturner said:
Always use new hardware when ever possible!.. We're they supposed to come with new bolts?.. If so then give them a call and wait for them!...
Haha yeah I know man and idk I got them from American muscle

·
Registered
559 Posts
I didn't get new bottom bolts with my KYB's I put on last weekend. Stock ones were in good shape and worked fine. It did have new ones for the top of the strut tower.

P.s. don't forget to put the stock sleeve over the top of the strut before you fit it in there like I did lol. The strut will rise out of the strut tower and look hilarious. But you will have to take them back out and do more work XD

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Matticus said:
I didn't get new bottom bolts with my KYB's I put on last weekend. Stock ones were in good shape and worked fine. It did have new ones for the top of the strut tower.

P.s. don't forget to put the stock sleeve over the top of the strut before you fit it in there like I did lol. The strut will rise out of the strut tower and look hilarious. But you will have to take them back out and do more work XD
Haha idk if mine will be okay, the stock ones have 103k miles on them so that's my concern but I know with the sleeve and I won't need a spring compressor right if I drop the a arm?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sonicblue11 said:
Haha idk if mine will be okay, the stock ones have 103k miles on them so that's my concern but I know with the sleeve and I won't need a spring compressor right if I drop the a arm?
You shouldn't need one. It def gets a little tricky but with a few pry bars and some courage you should be good lol

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
poncho2049 said:
You shouldn't need one. It def gets a little tricky but with a few pry bars and some courage you should be good lol
Haha I know and my friends said I would but I'm like nah I don't haha it's not a Honda hahahaha

·
Registered
559 Posts
Sonicblue11 said:
Spring compressors are awful. We tried that first because I was a little under informed on the process. Dropping the a arm was 10 times easier. And my bolts had 160k miles lol, still in good shape.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Matticus said:
Spring compressors are awful. We tried that first because I was a little under informed on the process. Dropping the a arm was 10 times easier. And my bolts had 160k miles lol, still in good shape.
Good! I hope my bolts are in good shape too and I never used a spring compressor, I know to drop the a arm and it's easy after that, I'm also using the stock isos

·
Registered
559 Posts
Sonicblue11 said:
Good! I hope my bolts are in good shape too and I never used a spring compressor, I know to drop the a arm and it's easy after that, I'm also using the stock isos
I reused stock isos as well, AM was out of stock of the polyurethane ones.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts