Mustang Evolution Forum banner

STS universal turbo

5K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  ChrisTorres08 
#1 ·
Hey guys this summer I want to do something major to my six and I was thinking turbo. Alot of people told me prochargers and TMA. But what do you guys think of the STS turbos and how they mount near the exhaust, I haven't heard alot I just found it on the web and was thinking about it. Give me your opinions.

#6 ·
Idk the point of this system, by the time the exhaust gets to the rear mounted turbo it won't be hot anymore, so your hotside isn't as hot, and by the time the cold side runs all the way back to the throttle body the exhaust pipes would heat up the cold side, which leads to very inefficient boost. Kinda seems like a pointless system just to say your different to me..

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Lol n don't even get started on lag haha

#7 ·
Ok, I see what you're talking about now.

I don't know much about a system like that but I guess the first things that come to mind are functionality questions.

Is your car a DD?
How would that kit hold up to inclement weather?
What kind of boost could you make with all that piping?
What kind of HP numbers could you expect from a kit like that?

#9 ·
That kit wouldn't be the best option for you. Being situated under the car you risk damaging it with road debris and in the winter time you'll be picking up road salt and its going to be more trouble then it's worth.

You're gonna have to do a more traditional turbo set up or supercharger.

#10 ·
primer2tone said:
That kit wouldn't be the best option for you. Being situated under the car you risk damaging it with road debris and in the winter time you'll be picking up road salt and its going to be more trouble then it's worth.

You're gonna have to do a more traditional turbo set up or supercharger.
What kind of turbo is reasonably priced that would push me to 300. Without new internals. I plan on getting a new throttle body, manifold, and injectors.

#11 ·
ProudSixxer26 said:
What kind of turbo is reasonably priced that would push me to 300. Without new internals. I plan on getting a new throttle body, manifold, and injectors.
Look for a good used turbo kit, there is usually one floating around, check V6P.net I saw a very nice complete kit for sale there not to long ago may still be there

And you can save some money, don't buy a TB lol it's pointless

#15 ·
Yes throttle body lol sorry use to just abbreviating that

#19 ·
Agreed under mount turbos like that no rain ever and no telling what winter road preparations do to it...

#22 ·
Y r u overlooking the supercharger option? You can buy good superchargers on ebay for 500-1000 depending on how much power you need, and a good shop can fab most of the rest. Superchargers have no lag, which for me is greater than the extra top end of a turbo, especially when you are talking about a 6 cylinder that already makes better power in the high end and crap down low. Plus the growl of a Supercharger is far sexier than the whistle of a turbo.

#25 ·
Incorrect, centrifugal superchargers do "lag" ... Positive displacement blowers (m90/m112/whipple) do not lag.

However to get one of those on the v6 your going to spend a decent chunk of change. Also the v6 mustang is 100% not a car that makes power in the top end.

You could do H/C/I and a nitrous kit and be done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.