Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im am stuck on the fence....trying to decide between the Roush TVS...Hellion single...or the twin turbo system...Not all that concerned with price but not planning on a changing my block any time soon...Heard TQ curve is great with turbos and the SC falls flat at High RPM...Im not looking to do too much track stuff...car isn't an everyday driver...I just love the feel of all the power....Read gobs of sites about pros and cons but they all seem to be tailored to their product...Hoping to get some insight from owners of each system!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well, im not going to be any help at all as i dont know enough about forced induction yet. But i did want to stop by to thank you for taking the time to make your question an understandable one. Easy to read, rational, everything is spelled correctly and its obvious your question isnt a half-ass thought. Im sure your post will do well and get a good amount of feedback. Sorry OP i couldnt resist

... Just get tired of seing all the goofy **** people double and tripple post all day that was chopped to hell and back the first time. Good luck

·
Titus Wadicus
2,114 Posts
i cant say that ive heard that twin screws fall flat up top. . and even if they did, unless u driving around lime rock race track or a circle track... chances r u wouldnt notice.

however, if money is no object.. i think most ppl here would agree with me and say "go turbo". the horsepower u get per pound of boost is eye wateringly efficient.

but if u just want to feel 5-600hp at your feet and just love low end grunt (like most ppl) . just get the twin screw. your butt dyno will not know the difference..

i realize what i said prolly doesnt help. so if u can, try to ride n a turbo car.. then a twin screw car... and u will know better what u want

·
Registered
39 Posts
Im am stuck on the fence....trying to decide between the Roush TVS...Hellion single...or the twin turbo system...Not all that concerned with price but not planning on a changing my block any time soon...Heard TQ curve is great with turbos and the SC falls flat at High RPM...Im not looking to do too much track stuff...car isn't an everyday driver...I just love the feel of all the power....Read gobs of sites about pros and cons but they all seem to be tailored to their product...Hoping to get some insight from owners of each system!
I know you didn't mention the Paxton kit, but I think it's one of the best bangs for the buck. I don't drive my car much except for the weekends, but when I do, I love feeling that power. Mods are in my sig and I made 622rwhp and 466tq with the stock pulley at about 7.5 lbs of boost. I don't think you can go wrong with any FI setup on these cars....good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
24 Posts
6SpeedFreak said:
I feel we're in the same boat brother. I have my
truck for work and my mustang for fun. I'm not a big track guy either but I do love power. I have past experience with top mount super chargers like eaton, kenne bell, and roush. In my experience I've noticed that blowers are tons of fun with instant throttle response but at the cost of being very hard on the bottom end of the motor. For example a 2011 cts-v comes supercharged and is rated at 556 flywheel hp. The block and rotating assembly are actually doing the work of a 625 to 650 hp engine due to the parasitic properties of supercharges. But with that being said, I have never had any engines damaged because of a supercharger (all were low boost apps 6-12 psi). Specifically the roush was my least favorite. I feel people go to roush due to the price but for me the housing is to small which means its lacking volume. So to try and wrap this up, I have no experience with turbos and roush is on the bottom of my list for superchargers. My 2011 5.0 will have the single turbo hellion kit in the next year or so.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh yea one more thing. Tuning is everything!!!! Which ever you choose Get it dyno tuned! I think these people who think that the mail order tunes for anything with forced induction are nuts. Every car is different regardless of how modular ford says it is. Perfection is the only way to be sure your getting the full use of your product. These company's will try and tell you that there preprogrammed tune will work and that it cant be wrong because so and so wrote it. It's all bs to get you to spend more money.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im kinda leaning towards the single turbo myself...I know hellion rates their turbo hp with no cats...I believe project blackout on AM is a single turbo kit and put down 650 to the wheels...that is all I would need for quite a while...I know the SC is a tire shredder but I don't really want that...I would like to hear from some people who have the hellion turbo because I can get a single for close to the same price as the SC.

·
Registered
268 Posts
KalEl370 said:
I know you didn't mention the Paxton kit, but I think it's one of the best bangs for the buck. I don't drive my car much except for the weekends, but when I do, I love feeling that power. Mods are in my sig and I made 622rwhp and 466tq with the stock pulley at about 7.5 lbs of boost. I don't think you can go wrong with any FI setup on these cars....good luck and keep us posted.
What's your setup like since it's still on stock pulley? Paxton tune or custom? BAP? CAI upgrade? Exhaust?

·
Registered
39 Posts
What's your setup like since it's still on stock pulley? Paxton tune or custom? BAP? CAI upgrade? Exhaust?
Custom tune by HPP in Lewisville TX, Vortech boost referenced BAP, ID1000 injectors, lethal o/r h pipe, GT500 axle backs, Boss intake, stock airbox.

·
Registered
268 Posts
KalEl370 said:
Custom tune by HPP in Lewisville TX, Vortech boost referenced BAP, ID1000 injectors, lethal o/r h pipe, GT500 axle backs, Boss intake, stock airbox.
Nice! Mine is all stock with Paxton's kit so I'm just trying to get some ideas of what works best to add on. My best dyno 558whp, 463tq. I just wanna be able to say 600 haha

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice! Mine is all stock with Paxton's kit so I'm just trying to get some ideas of what works best to add on. My best dyno 558whp, 463tq. I just wanna be able to say 600 haha
Off road X or H pipe and the JLT or Vortech CAI will get you 600rwhp for sure. Good luck!

·
Registered
99 Posts
If I was you I would stay away from turbos iv worked on many they are a pain in the butt to get tuned right for the air to fuel and also you have to worry about turbo lag if the Turbo is not made specifically for your car chances are they use them for every car which is bad u will get lag also turbos are not very user friendly you will have all that tubing to worry about going every we're in the engine bay had to worry bought your oil and are not very reliable now a sc on the other hand if I was you I would go with either a frpp or if you don't want the power on demand which I do you could go with a vortex,procharger, or Paxton I think the anniversary edition vortex looks killer

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

sinister said:
If I was you I would stay away from turbos iv worked on many they are a pain in the butt to get tuned right for the air to fuel and also you have to worry about turbo lag if the Turbo is not made specifically for your car chances are they use them for every car which is bad u will get lag also turbos are not very user friendly you will have all that tubing to worry about going every we're in the engine bay had to worry bought your oil and are not very reliable now a sc on the other hand if I was you I would go with either a frpp or if you don't want the power on demand which I do you could go with a vortex,procharger, or Paxton I think the anniversary edition vortex looks killer
I meant vortech my dang phone

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Well I decided on the Hellion Single turbo kit. Got it for 5900 shipped so pretty happy with that. I haven't started the install but when I opened the box and did an inventory I was surprised. These guys really pay attention to detail...everything is bagged and labeled...all the bolts and washers that are the same are individually wrapped...All the parts used in the kit are top of the line...The instructions come on a cd and are pretty precise with nice color photos. So Far this kit is great for an OCD person like me...Planning on starting the install on Friday and I will inform you on how I feel about it as I get time!

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Which turbo did you go with? The base turbonetics have been known to have issues.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
6SpeedFreak said:
Well I decided on the Hellion Single turbo kit. Got it for 5900 shipped so pretty happy with that. I haven't started the install but when I opened the box and did an inventory I was surprised. These guys really pay attention to detail...everything is bagged and labeled...all the bolts and washers that are the same are individually wrapped...All the parts used in the kit are top of the line...The instructions come on a cd and are pretty precise with nice color photos. So Far this kit is great for an OCD person like me...Planning on starting the install on Friday and I will inform you on how I feel about it as I get time!
U made the right choice turbo is better :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've been on the fence myself...let us know how you like the turbo once installed...ps how much boost are planning on running

1 - 20 of 75 Posts