Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was a bit late for school and I always like to let my car warm up completely before I drive off, but today I was to late to let my baby wake up... So literally as soon as I turned on I reved it to about 3k and then twice more to 2k
thing is I know that doing so it really bad for the car! Any advice??? Help??

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
If you do or every day of its life... maybe. However, 3k on a cold engine isn't that bad. That's actually the highest rpm BMW recommends running their cars until fully warmed up. Also, letting it idle until fully warm is a waste. It takes longer to warm up that way and its extra wear and using gas for nothing.

Start it, let the idle drop down from initial start-up (15-20 secs), then just drive easy until warm.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you do or every day of its life... maybe. However, 3k on a cold engine isn't that bad. That's actually the highest rpm BMW recommends running their cars until fully warmed up. Also, letting it idle until fully warm is a waste. It takes longer to warm up that way and its extra wear and using gas for nothing.

Start it, let the idle drop down from initial start-up (15-20 secs), then just drive easy until warm.
Thanks your great help! And I'm loving that intake you made!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts