Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Btw guys havent been on ina LONG time. got a new sexy mustang shes the baby :)

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

·
Registered
344 Posts
Btw guys havent been on ina LONG time. got a new sexy mustang shes the baby :)

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------
Yeahh I hate the pollen too had to invest in a car cover but I like your new stang look good love your tires too

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeahh I hate the pollen too had to invest in a car cover but I like your new stang look good love your tires too
thanks! needs a little touch up paint on the bumper. and there just old pacers old cheap things lol. ima get me a car cover tomorrow prob

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Looks good...welcome back.

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
99ford said:
Pollen is horrible here we had an 8,000 count the otherday
I've been washing off my truck every morning and its yellow by end of day

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
I've been washing off my truck every morning and its yellow by end of day
I've paid the car wash a visit twice last week. I'm hoping it settles down enough, so I can at least wash it in my driveway without the pollen getting all over it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hey man i have the same exact problem. Fortunately i like to detail my cars. All you have to do is go to your local autozone and buy yourself a clay bar kit. It should come with 2 clay bars a lubricant and a wax. But i recommend you buy a different better type of wax. What this does is it takes off all the contaminants and nasty stuff off your paint job. First of all wash your car with a good car soap then start applying the clay bar while the car is still wet, dont forget to keep spraying lubricant so you wont scratch your car. After you're done running the clay through all the paint rinse the whole car again dry it really good put on a good coat of wax let it dry, take off the wax with a microfiber towel and feel your car, it should be as smooth as glass and it should shine like crazy.
The point of all this is when you have all that pollen on the car just take it for a drive and watch the pollen fall off by itself, this happens because there are no longer any contaminants on the paint that hold the pollen and a bunch of other nasty stuff. Doing this once a year also expands your paint's life and prevents the clear coat from flaking or fading. 2 times a year is always good too.
There are a bunch of youtube videos demonstrating this alot clearer. Look up clay bar instructions. Just a heads up, be REALLY REALLY careful with red,black and blue paint because those colors like to show off any imperfection. Just make sure the car is a little wet and dont be stingy on the lubricant. Along with some soft rubbing those colors come out flawless.

Or you can always ask your detail shop or local carwash to do it for you if you have $80-$150 to spend. If you do that rinse your car before you take it and make sure you count and note all your scratches, because some places aren't careful and WILL scratch your car. If they do scratch it make them take the scratch off or maybe even get it for free and go get yourself a scratch remover for a fraction of their price.
Good luck man, sorry for the long explanations, but you will definitely see a difference.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hey man i have the same exact problem. Fortunately i like to detail my cars. All you have to do is go to your local autozone and buy yourself a clay bar kit. It should come with 2 clay bars a lubricant and a wax. But i recommend you buy a different better type of wax. What this does is it takes off all the contaminants and nasty stuff off your paint job. First of all wash your car with a good car soap then start applying the clay bar while the car is still wet, dont forget to keep spraying lubricant so you wont scratch your car. After you're done running the clay through all the paint rinse the whole car again dry it really good put on a good coat of wax let it dry, take off the wax with a microfiber towel and feel your car, it should be as smooth as glass and it should shine like crazy.
The point of all this is when you have all that pollen on the car just take it for a drive and watch the pollen fall off by itself, this happens because there are no longer any contaminants on the paint that hold the pollen and a bunch of other nasty stuff. Doing this once a year also expands your paint's life and prevents the clear coat from flaking or fading. 2 times a year is always good too.
There are a bunch of youtube videos demonstrating this alot clearer. Look up clay bar instructions. Just a heads up, be REALLY REALLY careful with red,black and blue paint because those colors like to show off any imperfection. Just make sure the car is a little wet and dont be stingy on the lubricant. Along with some soft rubbing those colors come out flawless.

Or you can always ask your detail shop or local carwash to do it for you if you have $80-$150 to spend. If you do that rinse your car before you take it and make sure you count and note all your scratches, because some places aren't careful and WILL scratch your car. If they do scratch it make them take the scratch off or maybe even get it for free and go get yourself a scratch remover for a fraction of their price.
Good luck man, sorry for the long explanations, but you will definitely see a difference.
Does this work on plasti dip cars?

·
Registered
916 Posts
no, but he is definately correct, i clay barred mine a couple weeks ago and 90% of the pollen is gone after my drive home from work

·
Registered
212 Posts
How many of you are in Georgia? I am assuming at least some of you are due to the pollen count. It has been unreal this year. I am in Roswell, GA.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Does this work on plasti dip cars?
Noooo do not try it on plasti dipped surfaces. The clay basically works as an adhesive when running it through the paint it picks up anything that shouldnt be on the paint job, including plasti dip. In shorter words the clay will peel off the plasti dip.
Besides, plasti dip doesnt have a clear coat.

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

no, but he is definately correct, i clay barred mine a couple weeks ago and 90% of the pollen is gone after my drive home from work
Nice! I love the look and the feeling of clayed cars. I always get people with newer mustangs asking me how ive kepped the paint in such good condition. Did you do it yourself?

·
Registered
916 Posts
i generally dont trust other people with my car so yea I did it. and it was noticeable immediately. My wife hates to spend money, and she was convinced that the clay bar was a waste of money, till I got done. Once I got done she decided that we were going to clay bar it once or twice a year. lol

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
lwandrewz said:
stupid trees germinating, think the cleaning product companies are paying them off...
It's tree sperm. Get it right. My red truck is already yellow after spraying it off this am

·
Registered
313 Posts
Claying...

i generally dont trust other people with my car so yea I did it. and it was noticeable immediately. My wife hates to spend money, and she was convinced that the clay bar was a waste of money, till I got done. Once I got done she decided that we were going to clay bar it once or twice a year. lol
Claying is awesome and when done properly the results are great. I would suggest only claying once a year unless really needed..and maybe after claying lay down some quality sealant..then polish and then wax. None of us like to spend money..but the protection of your cars surface is the first thing YOU and everyone else sees and maintaining it is all up to you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts