Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe I already know the answer here but figured id pose it to fellow owners. I want more power than my V6 currently offers. Can you get noticible hp and acceleration gains with upgrades or would it be more cost efficent to sell it and by gt or better? I already am replacing exhaust, but was wondering if that and few other upgrades would be noticible or am I better off upgrading car? Not looking to break records. Just want some pep.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Full tune up, CAI/tuner combo, exhaust. Or you could swap the intake manifold from a windstar van. That would wake up your car a bit. Other than that you can go super or turbo but then that wouldn't be cost efficient. That's all I know for sure.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Depends what your in it for, if you wanna be in the "mustang crowd" go v8 and argue about who's v8 is faster, but if you want to be different keep the v6, I love people asking to race and when they hear its a v6 and I beat them the look on their face is priceless, with a few mods you can easily keep up with the GTs, remember they only have about 45 more hp stock, you can get there easily, it takes a good plan to do, but you'll be happy you did

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Depends what your in it for, if you wanna be in the "mustang crowd" go v8 and argue about who's v8 is faster, but if you want to be different keep the v6, I love people asking to race and when they hear its a v6 and I beat them the look on their face is priceless, with a few mods you can easily keep up with the GTs, remember they only have about 45 more hp stock, you can get there easily, it takes a good plan to do, but you'll be happy you did
what are you beating in a v6?

as for that hp difference...it's a bit more then 45 lol...to the crank try 70 and a butt load more torque. i will say also stock for stock it's two completely different track cars. my '04 v6 stock did a flat 16 after practice...my '04 GT stock did a 14.4 without a 3rd gear. in the end it's all personal preference and what you want for the car. as for a few mods to keep up with a GT maybe you're referring to 94-95 GTs

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
The only tail lights I've seen in my v6 is a S2000 and other GTs. And not by much
i find both of those 100% hard to believe after racing plenty of both...the s2k was the only honda i really had issues with at the track...they can stick side by side with 2v GT's no issues at all. i love v6's but lets be realistic

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
what are you beating in a v6?

as for that hp difference...it's a bit more then 45 lol...to the crank try 70 and a butt load more torque. i will say also stock for stock it's two completely different track cars. my '04 v6 stock did a flat 16 after practice...my '04 GT stock did a 14.4 without a 3rd gear. in the end it's all personal preference and what you want for the car. as for a few mods to keep up with a GT maybe you're referring to 94-95 GTs
Yeah a bunch more torque, and torque is what really matters. My f250 only had a couple hundred horsepower, but the ~400ft lbs of torque from the 7.3L made that thing move!

As for the hp difference, NE GT is 265hp - v6 190-193hp

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Yeah a bunch more torque, and torque is what really matters. My f250 only had a couple hundred horsepower, but the ~400ft lbs of torque from the 7.3L made that thing move!

As for the hp difference, NE GT is 265hp - v6 190-193hp
yep it's a night and day difference...the only reason i'm rolling in a sixxer again is due to having such a low mileage car now lol. However once i finish paying off my wheel's i'm gonna go grab up another v8

1 - 15 of 15 Posts