Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Japan. That is first problem. I won a 97 Mustang GT and have been scouring this island for rims. Found a pair today that I believe will fit (Japanese hubs are smaller and their rims won't fit) with Firestone tires. I put one rum on my car and it went on perfectly. Here's the question. When I went to put the lug nuts on the lug holes in the room were just big enough for the lug to fit but no room for a wrench. Is there anyway around this?

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Own a 97 Mustang GT not won. Stupid auto spell.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Polar Bear said:
I live in Japan. That is first problem. I won a 97 Mustang GT and have been scouring this island for rims. Found a pair today that I believe will fit (Japanese hubs are smaller and their rims won't fit) with Firestone tires. I put one rum on my car and it went on perfectly. Here's the question. When I went to put the lug nuts on the lug holes in the room were just big enough for the lug to fit but no room for a wrench. Is there anyway around this?

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Own a 97 Mustang GT not won. Stupid auto spell.
Smaller nuts.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
I had the same problem when I tried to fit the 21mm lugs on an aftermarket rim basically the crossbar wouldn't fit in the hole so I had to buy 19mm lugs on eBay

·
Registered
223 Posts
I had a similar issue with a set of wheels and ended up using a set of "tuner" style lugs from a company called Gorilla Lug Nuts. They have a key tool that fits down into the tight lug hole which has splines that are keyed to the new lug nuts. You can't use an impact on them, as the wheel shop found out the hard way, but this should work for you. I found a similar set on Summit Racing's site, http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gor-21183bc/media/images

Hope this helps you get your wheels on, might take a bit to get them where you are, but it will solve the clearance issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts