Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i turn off my traction control why does it still shut the motor down after a couple seconds (its an auto i dont know if that matters)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,551 Posts
bradtaylornator said:
When i turn off my traction control why does it still shut the motor down after a couple seconds (its an auto i dont know if that matters)
What do you mean by shut the motor down?

Do you mean why does it still try and control your traction?

If so are you just pressing the traction control button and turning it off that way?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,713 Posts
you still have stability if that's the case,
you have to push and hold the brake, and hold the traction control button for 5 seconds, untill your car says advancetrac off
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alrefire said:
you still have stability if that's the case,
you have to push and hold the brake, and hold the traction control button for 5 seconds, untill your car says advancetrac off
Ok i didnt think about the stability control. I know it was a stupid question lol but i havent even got my owners manual for the car and ive had it since june!
 

·
It's not me, it's you.
Joined
·
6,752 Posts
Yeah, you gotta press it once to turn traction control off and then you have to press it again holding it for 5-6 seconds to turn off advancetrac.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
bradtaylornator said:
Ok i didnt think about the stability control. I know it was a stupid question lol but i havent even got my owners manual for the car and ive had it since june!
Waited a month for the dealer to "mail" me one. They ended up just taking one out of another 5.0 when I showed up. It's rare to find a sales person that will do what they say after you leave the lot.
 

·
It's not me, it's you.
Joined
·
6,752 Posts
2012Vader5.0 said:
Waited a month for the dealer to "mail" me one. They ended up just taking one out of another 5.0 when I showed up. It's rare to find a sales person that will do what they say after you leave the lot.
Yeah, after you turn in the survey their good service ends.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
primer2tone said:
Yeah, after you turn in the survey their good service ends.
I think im just gonna go up there and "test drive" my same model year and accidently end up with a manual in my glove box.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,713 Posts
bradtaylornator said:
I think im just gonna go up there and "test drive" my same model year and accidently end up with a manual in my glove box.
Be careful :p
Yea, only time I turn off stability is when I want to do a really good burnout
Traction control is for when I wanna have my own mini race course :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,551 Posts
only time I "have" to turn off the traction control is when going up the hill I live on. THe city redid the street right before I got the mustang, (waited to buy her because I wasn't driving her on an unpaved road everyday) and the did such a terrible job that even my tundra has traction trouble on the turns, and it didn't before. I turn the traction control off because then the car skids around the corners instead of bouncing up and down trying to gain traction. They also narrowed the road and added curbs. I have some curb bite on my wheels because of this. Trying to pass a car on this road is a fight to see who is going to risk hitting the curb first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alrefire said:
Be careful :p
Yea, only time I turn off stability is when I want to do a really good burnout
Traction control is for when I wanna have my own mini race course :p
Haha sometimes you just gotta let people know whatsup lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,987 Posts
Nothing like getting arrested for being STUPID.

Go ask your dealer for a book, if they don't give you one, take the copy of the survey that you made, when you sent a copy to Ford. Attach a note about not getting a book to the survey and mail it off.

Oh, I bet you DIDN'T make a copy. So the traction control and who else is now Stupid?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
NewMtang said:
Nothing like getting arrested for being STUPID.

Go ask your dealer for a book, if they don't give you one, take the copy of the survey that you made, when you sent a copy to Ford. Attach a note about not getting a book to the survey and mail it off.

Oh, I bet you DIDN'T make a copy. So the traction control and who else is now Stupid?
getting arrested for being stupid how... kinda lost me..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,463 Posts
Sounds like venting. It'll be alright I guess. But just ask them about a manual. Hell, you spent about 30+ so you deserve the book.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
primer2tone said:
Yeah, you gotta press it once to turn traction control off and then you have to press it again holding it for 5-6 seconds to turn off advancetrac.
Is that for certain model years????? I have 05 roush with traction control does that include me too?? What are pros and cons anyway?? Sorry for stupidity .. I really love mustangs and wanna learn.. Gotta ask to know I guess...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
I've just always pushed the button, never held the brake after and held button for 5 secons. Later on when I'd push the button again to turn it back on, it'll say AdvanceTrac on. I guess I'll see what happens when I hold it for 5 secs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
NewMtang said:
Nothing like getting arrested for being STUPID.

Go ask your dealer for a book, if they don't give you one, take the copy of the survey that you made, when you sent a copy to Ford. Attach a note about not getting a book to the survey and mail it off.

Oh, I bet you DIDN'T make a copy. So the traction control and who else is now Stupid?[/QUOTE
No need to roid out there champ
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top