Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, Im goin deeper into my suspension and Im looking to buy some subframe connectors to stiffen the body up. Anyone have some theyd recommend buying? Im going to have them welded on even if theyre a bolt on type, just because i wouldnt trust the frame of my car to be held together by some nuts and bolts, but what sort of cornering, launching, or any other handling improvements will i see with a set of these? Also, could i just get some real strong metal pipes and go weld my subframes together as sort of a home-made connector? Or do the things have to have some flex to them?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
I would highly recommend maximum motorsports full length, they offer them in powdercoat and bare steel finishes, if you buy powdercoat you will have to sand off the welding areas.... so it might work out better to buy the bare steel and paint them really good when you have them installed.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what kind of improvement will i see? Im just trying to get an idea of what the things would actually do for me. pretty much just help out with handling in general? WIll 60' times go down since ill have less body flex? things like that.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
hum I have heard that they increase 60ft times but I would imagine it would help the most if you have traction issues, without the body flex more pressure would be put on the rear end makign it stick harder perhaps, I wouldnt really expect much of a 60ft improvment unless you have traction issues,

the pre 99s have alot more body flex than the 99ups so they will help you out the most, I think it will be a noticable difference, one thats very much worth it especially if you felt the difference a rear sway bar can make.

the MM's are great sub's the stock frame is not to an exact tolerance... so they have built in places to bent them to fit the frame good, and weld in plates to secure it.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can you give me a link to these?

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
I got mine from BBK, they work awesome. You can actually feel a HUGE differance when you go to make a turn. I did bolted and welded mine in place.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have some zinc plated subframes...

from 5.0 restro, they are awsome, and i can get you a 90.00 cost if you want them,,,,, they can be welded or bolted.

pretty sure it's 90.00, and that is with shipping.

if intrested let me know. Daniel

·
Registered
75 Posts
i have read in many places about companies coming out with subframe connectors for use with side exhaust, some place called pauls, CDC, and another company. has anyone here been able to locate these. i have checked all these sites and have had no luck. half the places i go to around boston only deal with imports or trucks.

·
Registered
941 Posts
i got some cheap generics from ebay for 40 and they seem to do fine.

if you are really serious, get the through-the-floor kind. they work a lot better than just linking the front and rear like the bottom weld-ins.

subframe connectors are getting kind of overkill for a v6 unless you plan on racing her.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i do plan to race it... both autocross and drag. I dont really care about ride quality... i think a stiff car is more fun than a smooth one anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
tire said:
i got some cheap generics from ebay for 40 and they seem to do fine.

if you are really serious, get the through-the-floor kind. they work a lot better than just linking the front and rear like the bottom weld-ins.

subframe connectors are getting kind of overkill for a v6 unless you plan on racing her.
I like mountain running so SFC's are a very good addition.

Sorry Tire but you live in what has to among the flat flat flattest states in the country. I lived in San Antonio, Houston and Witcha Falls and there was noting taller than a ant hill. MUHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA so I understand you not thinking they are not needed for most :cool:

But Texas was fun Except for Tornado's, Drought, Rednecks in 10 gallon hats, Tumble weed, Tornado's (have I already said Tornado's) Fist place I ever lived that had you order food before they would give you water.

Also my first of many experiences with Tornado's warning Sirens and hunkerd down in the bottom floor of our squadrons at 3am. Oh did I mention Tornado's ?????? Oh the lack of trees or shade was bothersome.

But good food, good clubs, wild women and Jack rabbit roundups while drunk were a plus!!!!:)

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
So are you still going with the Steedas? And did you ever get my last PM about the TB gasket?

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i got your PM, but i dont know where to send payment to

1 - 16 of 16 Posts