Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it hard to install subs? I have the box, amp + everything already set up, I had 2 10" lightnining audio POS's pounding away for a little while till they got blown. Is it hard to put in new subs? Do you have to wire it differently if you want different ohms (no idea on that stufF). What kind should I get? I want 2 10s of pionner, kenwood, rockford, alpine, something DECENT (even though i still got my pos lightning 250.1 amp).

cliffnotes:
1. is it hard to plug in 2 subs when everything else is already set up?
2. what kind of subs should i get for ~$100 (2 10"s)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Subs are easy to install, unless you have a mach. Then it's harder than trying to undo a bra with your teeth, while bound and gagged. No, it's not too hard, but it takes some time depending on the system. It took me three days working with wire schematics and a voltometer to get mine installed and the correct resistance.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Alpine and Rockford are my first two choices for you.

Get two 10" Dual Voice Coil Subs(at 4Ohms.) and buy a two channel amp(tell me what subs you want to get and I will give you a good amp)

the reason I tell you to get another amp is that that lightning isnt going to push nutin. Specially two good 10's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts