Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2261 - 2279 of 2279 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
What happens if Alex decides to model them. That is a terrifying thought.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
i have never seen him; maybe he's cute lol
...he has a new job. i haven't heard about anyone replacing him on here(?)
Sent from me, myself, & I

·
Registered
274 Posts
Read on, I may be about to give away a product idea that I should patent.<br />
<br />
I have been searching for an app that would act like a key fob for my 2002 GT. So far I have not found anything. However, my mind is now in overdrive with ideas that might be possible.<br />
<br />
I am not a phone app developer by any means, but I am certain it would be easy to develop a simple app that allows the user to use their phone as a remote. My LG has the ability to function as a Television remote, so I think the possibility exists.<br />
<br />
I know some new cars are already coming from The factory with app accessible options. On older vehicles the OBDII port may need to be accessed in order to untilize such a feature. Using a plug such as those used by insurance companies could open up the possibilities of locking and unlocking a car. You could operate the windows, have remote start, heat the seats in the winter, or turn on the defroster. The options are endless.<br />
<br />
I am almost certain that a remote plug for the port along with a code written using an SCT tuner would provide a lot of opportunities. In fact, it isn't too far fetched to use a remote OBD plug and your smart phone to program for tunes directly from the email or website.

Hey Revvv, I am actually a computer developer who has done app development. The reason some phones can be used as a remote, like yours is, is that they either have a IR blaster installed that interacts with the TV or do it over a network. While it could be possible to create a product like this through the ODBII port it would be:

1. Very very very expensive to fit this technology and get it to interact with the car. It would probably be $600+ as well as requiring to completely rewire the car's electronics for it to interact with them.

2. Would require it to have its own network (whether 4G or WiFi) which would have the high possibility of getting hacked and allow hackers entrance into your vehicle.

3. It would also require you to pay a monthly subscription to run the WiFi or 4G network as the newer cars that have this feature require users to do.

So while it is an amazing idea and someday possible, as of now it will only be available from factory cars that have it specially programmed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Hey Revvv, I am actually a computer developer who has done app development. The reason some phones can be used as a remote, like yours is, is that they either have a IR blaster installed that interacts with the TV or do it over a network. While it could be possible to create a product like this through the ODBII port it would be:

1. Very very very expensive to fit this technology and get it to interact with the car. It would probably be $600+ as well as requiring to completely rewire the car's electronics for it to interact with them.

2. Would require it to have its own network (whether 4G or WiFi) which would have the high possibility of getting hacked and allow hackers entrance into your vehicle.

3. It would also require you to pay a monthly subscription to run the WiFi or 4G network as the newer cars that have this feature require users to do.

So while it is an amazing idea and someday possible, as of now it will only be available from factory cars that have it specially programmed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
These are all things I considered and thought of. They are definitely an obstacle towards deveoping a functional product, or prototype for that matter. At the moment the technology is beyond my level of knowledge.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
The 5.2L coyote cams and lash adjusters for the 5.2L heads

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Um... An American Muscle tattoo shop?!?... Lol. Not sure how legit this is, just saw it on FB!... ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1476264305.769870.jpg

Sent from the One and Only ME!..?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
UH-OH, I can see it now [[ grama- grampa, what are those tattoo's for? ]]

Lol. Ya found it on FB on a page called Show Us Your Mustang!.. We'll somebody made a post about Mustang Tattoos, and that's where I saw this!.. Lol. I can see a tattoo of a Mustang or a Mustang Logo!.. But don't really understand a tattoo of a Store that sells Mustang parts!.. Lol. Oh well!.. ?

Sent from the One and Only ME!..?

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
American Muscle had a tattoo artist in a trailer at the first year Mario and I went to Maple Grove giving free tattoo's.
You had to sign up in advance to get one.
I'll look for the photo.
Ronnie

·
Registered
249 Posts
Not sure if this is still a thing but I had an idea for a new product. I thought it would look nice if a company made a smooth black glossy license plate surround that would match the decklid panel of the 13-14 mustangs. I have seen them on cjpony parts but in carbon fiber and listed at 200 dollars a bit excessive and it would look out of place since the decklid isn't carbon fiber. Anyways if any company comes out with this product I would love to be one of the first to try it out.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Try "GRIOTS GARAGE"
I got a very thin black one from them that does not cover up anything on my plate. I got the two bolt pattern because my 2012 only uses 2 screws to hold the plate to the car.
My first one had a 4 bolt pattern and I show a picture of the 4 bolt, I since got the 2 bolt because I never liked the tabs that were not being used.
Thin black metal and high quality
Ronnie

PS: When I get my camera back I;ll take a picture of the 2 hole one, but it is the same except for 2 unused holes to hold it on.
I never like the tabs hiding the letters on my Veterans plate.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Picture of my new frame

As you can see , The bottom tabs are not on this one and the top screws are covered by black screw head covers.
Not a huge change but I feel better knowing my frame is corrected to look a little
( VERY LITTLE) better to me.
Ronnie

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
As you can see , The bottom tabs are not on this one and the top screws are covered by black screw head covers.
Not a huge change but I feel better knowing my frame is corrected to look a little
( VERY LITTLE) better to me.
Ronnie
I like your plates, Ronnie, kinda similar to the ones I have, in a sense

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks for the reply Ronnie but that's not what I meant what I had in mine is the actual rectangular piece that clips on the bumper and then has the liscense plate in the middle I meant that whole rectangle in gloss black

2261 - 2279 of 2279 Posts