Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm 19 years old. Soon to be 20. I have $2500 in the bank. I own a 2001 Ford Mustang V6. Recently I wanted to fix up the Stang that I have now. But I see newer version of mustangs and it makes me want to save my money and eventually buy one. I obv have a while. The car I have now has 75k miles. Should I save my money and try to save up for a newer mustang or just start putting money on the mustang I have now... Please help me on what I should do

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Don't put money into it unless you're planning on having it for a while. Save you're money sell it later and get a newer one. And by newer one you mean like what 05-09? 10-12?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Venomouz831 said:
Don't put money into it unless you're planning on having it for a while. Save you're money sell it later and get a newer one. And by newer one you mean like what 05-09? 10-12?
Hm not sure. Newer the better? Or doesn't really matter? What do you think. My parents said they'll match whatever I save !!!!!

·
Registered
881 Posts
jleber123 said:
Hm not sure. Newer the better? Or doesn't really matter? What do you think. My parents said they'll match whatever I save !!!!!
I'd rock it till the wheels fall off. Keep saving your money.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
08SteedaQ350 said:
I'd rock it till the wheels fall off. Keep saving your money.
Ugh I hate being patient and waiting. I'm the type of dude that just wants it now ha

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
jleber123 said:
It depends, I just sold my stang and I'm staying with the 99-04 style a termi. But don't put money into it because it won't be like a v8 trust me I had a v6 and sold it for a gt and now looking for a termi

·
Registered
881 Posts
Lol I searched fr many months until I pulled the trigger on mine. I originally bought an 09 with 4,100 miles. Motor was built like a Motha, so I took it back cause it failed warranty inspection. Then I found my Steeda.
If you do decide to buy newer, do your research on each car. Pull a carfax. If you have a bad gut feeling about the car, go with your gut. Just remember, cars are like p...sy, they make new ones every day. So search and research and search some more.
When I bought my 93 300zx, I bought the first 2 seater I found......bad mistake. It was a moneypit. Cost me about $6000 to work out all the bugs.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
08SteedaQ350 said:
Lol I searched fr many months until I pulled the trigger on mine. I originally bought an 09 with 4,100 miles. Motor was built like a Motha, so I took it back cause it failed warranty inspection. Then I found my Steeda.
If you do decide to buy newer, do your research on each car. Pull a carfax. If you have a bad gut feeling about the car, go with your gut. Just remember, cars are like p...sy, they make new ones every day. So search and research and search some more.
When I bought my 93 300zx, I bought the first 2 seater I found......bad mistake. It was a moneypit. Cost me about $6000 to work out all the bugs.
Am I better off going to a ford dealership or Craigslist?? Lol.

·
Registered
881 Posts
jleber123 said:
Am I better off going to a ford dealership or Craigslist?? Lol.
I searched Craigslist. Dealerships. Autotrader. Car gurus. Cars.com. Carsforsale.com.
Ebay(but I don't trust eBay)
I found mine on autotrader tho

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
08SteedaQ350 said:
I searched Craigslist. Dealerships. Autotrader. Car gurus. Cars.com. Carsforsale.com.
Ebay(but I don't trust eBay)
I found mine on autotrader tho
eBay would be a site I wouldn't trust either. But the other sites you mentioned I'm def checking them out tonight and researching

·
Registered
881 Posts
jleber123 said:
eBay would be a site I wouldn't trust either. But the other sites you mentioned I'm def checking them out tonight and researching
Yeah check em out. Just depends on how far you are willing to travel to get one. I drove from Baton Rouge to Charlotte, Nc to get mine

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
08SteedaQ350 said:
Yeah check em out. Just depends on how far you are willing to travel to get one. I drove from Baton Rouge to Charlotte, Nc to get mine
You traveled 12 hours to get your mustang?!?!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
08SteedaQ350 said:
Lol yeah. Then cruised back home. Took it easy on the way home. Split it up into 2 days
How many miles did it have when you got there? And how many miles did you put on it on the way back?

·
Registered
881 Posts
jleber123 said:
If you don't mind me asking... How much you spend on it?
22,300. Then 9% sales tax in La
I was looking to buy a bone stock s197 gt. then do suspension mods. Power pack. Acceleration pack. Wheel package. Then I found this Steeda which has the G-trac suspension. Has Steeda wheels. Running 4:10 gears. Underdrive pulley. Intake. ECU tune. Full exhaust minus headers. Short throw shifter. 3" functional cowl hood. Rear spoiler(not factory).
To do all this with a bone stock gt, I woulda been over 30k

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

jleber123 said:
If you don't mind me asking... How much you spend on it?
That's why when I found this Steeda, I jumped all over it. Plus Steeda offers a lifetime warranty on all upgrades done by them. + able to get a full bumper to bumper & power train warranty thru my credit union

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
08SteedaQ350 said:
$22,300. Then 9% sales tax in La
I was looking to buy a bone stock s197 gt. then do suspension mods. Power pack. Acceleration pack. Wheel package. Then I found this Steeda which has the G-trac suspension. Has Steeda wheels. Running 4:10 gears. Underdrive pulley. Intake. ECU tune. Full exhaust minus headers. Short throw shifter. 3" functional cowl hood. Rear spoiler(not factory).
To do all this with a bone stock gt, I woulda been over 30k

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

That's why when I found this Steeda, I jumped all over it. Plus Steeda offers a lifetime warranty on all upgrades done by them. + able to get a full bumper to bumper & power train warranty thru my credit union
And I thought jerseys sales tax was high lol. But you are one lucky SOB. Wish I could have your luck right now + about 30G's to the table haha

·
Registered
881 Posts
jleber123 said:
And I thought jerseys sales tax was high lol. But you are one lucky SOB. Wish I could have your luck right now + about 30G's to the table haha
Lol you don't want my luck. Trust me. That money came from falling 32' thru a roof. Breaking my back and neck. This was my gift to myself from going thru all the bs I've dealt with for the past 3 years since my accident. I live in pain. So this car is something that helps me forget about everything I've gone thru when I get behind the wheel

1 - 20 of 34 Posts