Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sunroof is sealed shut with silicone but still leaks. I have water that leaks rite next to the door speakers behind were the radio would be mines out. And under the passenger dash it likes to drip a good bit from the looks of it. Anyone else ever have this problem?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't seem to get a good seal. I have sum black spray stuff for fender wells an ****. Would that work? It's kinda like rubber I guess

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Can't seem to get a good seal. I have sum black spray stuff for fender wells an ****. Would that work? It's kinda like rubber I guess
I don't know. I know plastic dip wont hurt your paint. That's why I suggested that.

Cut an inner tube into strips and close them into the sunroof, to get a good seal.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Heater cores are the #1 problem with the 82-93 mustangs. On my 1982 GT I replace the core 3 times. Its a royal pain in the a$$ to change. Basically you have to removed the console, drop the steering and dash and break open the AC to remove the box containg the heater and evaporator core The last time I just bypassed and went without heat. Here in Texas that not too bad. There's a couple of ways to check. Remove the heater hoses and bypass (loop together) the hose. If it stops then its the heater core. Also, if it has a glycol odor then its the heater core. Good luck.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My heater works pretty good tho. Only does it wen it rains. But it was all in my glove box

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I seem to notice wen I open te doors after it rains there water on my speaker panel an dash an all that.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I know you sealed the sunroof shut but, there are drainage tubes that remove any water that collects in the sunroof channel. There are four of these tubes that run through the interior of the car. Maybe one of these hoses are not hooked up, torn, cracked etc. You can inspect these tubes if you take your headliner down

·
Registered
269 Posts
I would have someone hose down different parts of the car and then stay in the car and try to see where any water is coming from. Target one area at a time and eliminate one area at a time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Another thing could be a penetration in your cowl area right between the back of the hood and the windshield. I can't remember the design exactly, but that was an issue in the first Gen mustangs. Rust would eat through the cowl and the next thing you know your feet are wet when it rains. Something to check. I think there's a fairly inexpensive repair on the market.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.