Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd really like to get a sunroof on my car. Doesn't have to be powered... just one that I can pop up at an angle. Anyone know how much this would cost to have installed on my car, and where I might go to get it done?

Also... do you all think it'd be a good idea? I know people hate verts because the suspension loses it's stiffening from the soft top, but would a sunroof really affect stiffness that much?

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
When I went car shopping, I wanted a car with a sun roof :( Having a sun roof on a stang doesn't make it rice last time I checked :eek:

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I dont like sunroofs, or convert, only coupes or T-tops

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
yea thats the problem, aftermarket sunroofs leak alot, my friend has one, and it just gives him trouble. I would try to stay away from it, unless you find someone really good.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL some of the 94-98 stangs had sunroof as a factory option.... i remember hearing that once. And a lot of ppl I've seen on random mustang sites have sunroofs. I'd definately go for sunroof over t-tops -- much more stable and easier to deal with. Plus my friends with ttop Camaro's would tell you the same. Hmm... must find more resources!

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
i like ttops over sunroofs, more air comin in :) accept my bros maros ttops drip in one corner in the heavy rain it sucks

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome. I just need to find a place arround here that could do it. I'd easily pay $300 to have one put in. I'm sure with more modern designs that they'd be more leak-proof.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Shahrum said:
I'm sure with more modern designs that they'd be more leak-proof.
I wouldnt let that make u so confident you didnt check it out first. Maybe find somewhere and some people who had one installed there, maybe see what their thoughts are. :confused:

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
The 99 had an option for a sunroof from the factory. Just be sure wherever you get it done will guarantee it or at least talk to some ppl who've had one installed there to see if it leaks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
When I was at the dealership picking up my car, I saw a Explorer sitting there and it just came back from getting leather seats and a sunroof put in. I thought it was a little odd that the sunroof was put in after the fact but they acted like it was no big deal. The dealership themselves did not actually put this in but they do cover it under their warranty. So, I would assume they are going to a place that does a good job. My point, try going by a dealership and talking to them to see where they send their cars.....that's if they tell you!

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
ive looked at em before... they quoted me around 350 for just a pop up one that was completely removable, and around 800 for a moonroom

·
Registered
800 Posts
just have to be very careful, we have talked about getting them before, but would only get one done in Charllotte, NC they seem to do them really well...

just have to be very careful were you go....I mean thats your only roof, like you only have 1 right eye!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts