Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is so weird. Last night I went to a truck pull. The winning semi truck won and the announcer said he had "twin turbos feeding the stock supercharger." I really never figured it was even possible to run both... How could that work?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow... Just wow. It was pretty unbelieveable to listen to. And it pulled like you wouldn't believe.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
also, you could get small turbos to combat the top end of the supercharger. that way there is no boost lag for either blower or turbo. and like rellik said, just have the turbos run off into the air intake for the blower.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I've seen a TT/SC combo before and I've seen some online before... they are more show than go, and Horse's semi apparently had enough go though... I'll did up a picture of a car with such a setup, but there would be more than one way to do it anyways. Seems like a big waste of money to me!

EDIT - You don't need more than one supercharger or turbo to make 30+ psi, just a larger blower.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Monkey said:
also, you could get small turbos to combat the top end of the supercharger. that way there is no boost lag for either blower or turbo. and like rellik said, just have the turbos run off into the air intake for the blower.
super chargers have no lag.. maybe you mean the supercharger would make up for the lag of a BIG turbo

·
Registered
349 Posts
The supercharger takes the compressed air from the turbos and compresses it even more to get 50+ psi of boost.

More boost = more power, till things go boom.

I once ran 25+ psi of boost in my otherwise stock 2.5L 4 banger once, I forgot to hook up the wastegate line after putting in a new turbo. Fragged a rod bearing :|

Steve

·
Registered
941 Posts
notav8 said:
super chargers have no lag.. maybe you mean the supercharger would make up for the lag of a BIG turbo
cent. s/c's don't make power without high rpms, not lag but little bottom end power! a roots blower/large turbo would be "ideal" i would think for this silly thread and idea of more than one power adder. :)

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
wow i would be happy with just an sc... i guess some people have money to waste

1 - 14 of 14 Posts