Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which has the better sound, more horse and torque. I am leaning towards a turbo only because i think the engine looks better, what would you guys put on? Oh and its a 1999 mustang GT

Attachments

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
The One said:
Which has the better sound, more horse and torque. I am leaning towards a turbo only because i think the engine looks better, what would you guys put on? Oh and its a 1999 mustang GT
Supercharger, the name sounds cooler, makes sound more like a muscle car when u say "my car had a supercharger",the supercharger whine, also it gives boost instantly where as turbo has to spool

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Sound wise you can go with a KB an get that sick wine sound or turbo you will get that whistle sound just depends on what you like. The turbo will be more efficient and make more power on the same boost as a sc. It all depends on you're budget and what you want out the car.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,701 Posts
On the 99-04 Superchargers and Turbos look almost the same since there are only a few twin screw superchargers for these cars because of their design. Supercharger give power instantly and has a sweet whine to it, a turbo will make more power but a lot higher in the rpms and it has to spool before that.... IMO Superchargers are the best for Mustangs, because they are meant for low rpm torque which is what a supercharger will give.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have turbos and there is hardly no lag, and they make all kind of low end power and crazy topend power... Soon as you hit the throttle its building pressure and by 1500 rpm I'm in boost

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, i was also wondering if having the supercharger out of the hood would look stupid and should just out a cowl hood over it?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Turbos are more efficient and give better power. But they are way more expensive and way more complicated to install. You must have a tubular front suspension to run a turbo on our cars so there is another $1000 right up front. IMO I'd rather get a vortech supercharger (which I own) and just run a smaller pulley to make up for the little bit of a power difference. Centrifugal Superchargers are more cost effective and can do anything you need them to especially on a stock bottom end

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Turbos are more efficient and give better power. But they are way more expensive and way more complicated to install. You must have a tubular front suspension to run a turbo on our cars so there is another $1000 right up front. IMO I'd rather get a vortech supercharger (which I own) and just run a smaller pulley to make up for the little bit of a power difference. Centrifugal Superchargers are more cost effective and can do anything you need them to especially on a stock bottom end
That was another question, which required less modifications and rebuilding of the motor.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I have said thus many times and I will say it again turbo spool up is majorly exaggerated it is not bad idk why ppl think it is

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
You usually hit boost at about 3k, correct? As compared to maybe 2k-2.5k with a centrifugal.
Me with a oversized turbo on a high rpm powerband on a 4 cyl I hit full boost at 3000

·
Registered
559 Posts
Supercharger just because I associate turbos with ricers. I don't know why, I just do and don't argue with me about it.
They're just different styles to reach the same overall goal. One is no better than the other. Boost is power, Forced Induction + Mustang = Awesome.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts