Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering which supercharger kit would be ok for my stock internals on my 11 gt, also are there any other supporting mods I'd need to do. All info is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
268 Posts
McQueen said:
A guy at my local car meet just go it done today,
12k total with exhaust and twin turbo. Running on 12 psi on stock internals. CRAZY
Enjoy :)
Nice!! Crazy money though!

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

bossgt06 said:
I was wondering which supercharger kit would be ok for my stock internals on my 11 gt, also are there any other supporting mods I'd need to do. All info is greatly appreciated
Roush, Paxton/vortech are the best though, straight bolt on kits with the sent tune will be fine for a stock motor easily

·
Registered
167 Posts
FORD RACING/WHIPPLE 624HP 9 psi 2011-2013 MUSTANG GT SUPERCHARGER KIT (Black Wrinkle) -- M-6066-MGT624D

Found this while dremaing of a day that I will have 7K at my disposal. The warranty is hard to beat 5yr 100k miles. Seems perfect for someone who wants a lot of power and not take a huge risk.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

A guy at my local car meet just go it done today,
12k total with exhaust and twin turbo. Running on 12 psi on stock internals. CRAZY
Enjoy :)
That's a pretty sweet setup, what kind of numbers is it putting down?

·
Registered
268 Posts
BlackBetty5.0 said:
FORD RACING/WHIPPLE 624HP 9 psi 2011-2013 MUSTANG GT SUPERCHARGER KIT (Black Wrinkle) -- M-6066-MGT624D

Found this while dremaing of a day that I will have 7K at my disposal. The warranty is hard to beat 5yr 100k miles. Seems perfect for someone who wants a lot of power and not take a huge risk.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

True but this 624hp number is bs. The tune is really conservative... You can spend under 6k for more proven power. If you want a PD kit the roush is the best. They warranty as well, most dealerships will help you out if you talk to them since it's Roush as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was looking at the roush charger so far its been my number 1 choice from AM, going to talk to my dealership tomorrow

·
Registered
268 Posts
bossgt06 said:
I was looking at the roush charger so far its been my number 1 choice from AM, going to talk to my dealership tomorrow
Check Brenspeed, VMP, and lethal performance as well. JPC has some nice kits too. Can't Hurt to do some extra searching so that you don't feel as If you made a choice without being for sure

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Check Brenspeed, VMP, and lethal performance as well. JPC has some nice kits too. Can't Hurt to do some extra searching so that you don't feel as If you made a choice without being for sure
Thanks I'll look at their kits tomorrow, I'm not going to jump at the first one I'm going to read reviews on all of them, also looking in to some new wheels I'm going to some staggered foose speed wheels

·
Registered
268 Posts
bossgt06 said:
Thanks I'll look at their kits tomorrow, I'm not going to jump at the first one I'm going to read reviews on all of them, also looking in to some new wheels I'm going to some staggered foose speed wheels
Nice! I have a Paxton kit and love it, I'm sure I'd love all of them though haha! Good luck, let us know what you go with!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice!! Crazy money though!

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Roush, Paxton/vortech are the best though, straight bolt on kits with the sent tune will be fine for a stock motor easily
I totally disagree!!! They are not the best...just the easiest to install!!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts

Putting down 700 hp to the wheel and 625 or so in TQ to the ground as well.
He wanted to take me for a ride and i said nooo!!!
He was using slicks and the road was wet.

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

They are the ones that have been proven to safely work and they offer some sort of warranty.
Which others do u think are better?

·
Registered
84 Posts
They are definitely popular. Just about every time someone brings up boosting a 5.0, I hear those brands.
That is because they are cheap and easy!!

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Putting down 700 hp to the wheel and 625 or so in TQ to the ground as well.
He wanted to take me for a ride and i said nooo!!!
He was using slicks and the road was wet.

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

They are the ones that have been proven to safely work and they offer some sort of warranty.
Which others do u think are better?
I think Turbos are much better!! If they weren't I doubt the new cobrajet would be sporting two of them!!!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Turbos are definable good but there arent any good out of the box kits and taking my car to a shop means that they will built me a custom one but will also experiment with my car and do a ton of dyno pulls and there is a change that they could **** it up and break my engine or tranny. If you are staying under 700 horses there is no need to go crazy with custom turbos because a twin screw will get you about the same numbers with BIG TQ. And companies like roush and paxton have spend a ton of cash just so u are confident that your car will be safe with high hp numbers.
And also the $$$$ turbo has 2 times the labor, the guy with the twin turbos paid $3500 in labor alone.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Turbos are definable good but there arent any good out of the box kits and taking my car to a shop means that they will built me a custom one but will also experiment with my car and do a ton of dyno pulls and there is a change that they could **** it up and break my engine or tranny. If you are staying under 700 horses there is no need to go crazy with custom turbos because a twin screw will get you about the same numbers with BIG TQ. And companies like roush and paxton have spend a ton of cash just so u are confident that your car will be safe with high hp numbers.
And also the $$$$ turbo has 2 times the labor, the guy with the twin turbos paid $3500 in labor alone.
I paid 5900 dollars to my door...did my install in 14hrs..and hellions kit is wonderfull...also customer service is great too! I did however get a single kit. Turbo gives even better TQ and HP..Turbos are the future and with a controller and a 2step they can't be beat...no headers needed! add a set of Kooks to a Centri or PD and you cost more than a turbo.

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500, SGM, " 1 of 1 "
894 Posts
Your budget will likely decide which " kit " you go with.
The #'s you see advertised are crank / flywheel, not rwhp.
FRPP kits are conservative but deliver what they say & are usually 50 state legal. Their warranty applies " only " if installed by a dealership.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Your budget will likely decide which " kit " you go with.
The #'s you see advertised are crank / flywheel, not rwhp.
FRPP kits are conservative but deliver what they say & are usually 50 state legal. Their warranty applies " only " if installed by a dealership.
And that is the Facts my friend!!!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I paid 5900 dollars to my door...did my install in 14hrs..and hellions kit is wonderfull...also customer service is great too! I did however get a single kit. Turbo gives even better TQ and HP..Turbos are the future and with a controller and a 2step they can't be beat...no headers needed! add a set of Kooks to a Centri or PD and you cost more than a turbo.
Do you have a dyno sheet? What #s are u making?

·
Registered
268 Posts
6SpeedFreak said:
Well if you wanna get down to the nuts and bolts then.... He should buy an aluminator, twin turbo, build heads even more, upgrade tranny, all supporting mods for the track and 20lbs of boost haha. Not knocking you, just giving the guy what he wanted to know. Roush and Paxton have proven themselves at the track with many diff cars. No one has blown up that I know of and there is no tuning and testing like there would be with turbos. People have problems even doing hellions single turbo kit. It's an expensive car to just start doing trial and error with 8k worth of parts and who knows what labor will be. I agree with you that the twin turbo 5.0 is sick but damn, 12k??? If ya got the money, do it!! I like my stock Paxton 5.0 for the 559rwp at 5k better! That's without any aftermarket parts except ABs. the kit supports up to 1000hp, so 600 to 700 will be easy with some tuning, exhaust work, BAP and depending, some bigger injectors.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts