Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got me a 2004 V6 Stang. Ive always been a truck guy,had to get ride of it and decided to get a mustang. Dont know jack from jill on Moding a stang out and wanna say that this site is awsome ive learn alot in a short amount of time. Frist thing i plan on doing to it is upgradeing the exhaust. This what i got planed, if it doesnt sound like im doing it right feel free to correct/bash me haha.

Gonna go with duals. 2.25 pipes, Flowmaster Delta serias 40, with the H pipe. Now will my old cataylac converter fit so ill have to buy one. Or am i gonna have to buy 2? Also you think some new headers are neccarsy? Was thinking of long tubes, but aint decided yet. Thanks for yalls help and again awsome a$$ site. I couldnt say hi without a question for yall stang gurus. :lol:

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
welcome to the site, another Lousiana member. that's like 2 w/in 2 days or something, haha.
:woot: I'm not alone! Welcome :drinkbud:

*off to mapquest*

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yay we mutiple like rabbits down here haha. Cat-Back. Ive heard yall talk about it and know what it means. Replace the exhaust system from the catylac back,hence the name. But if you just dual it back from the cat it be a fake dual right? Pipe come from heads into 1 pipe into the cat then duals out. I probably dont know what the heck im talking bout. So if someone could explain it to me i would be gratefull.

edit. Im bout 4 hours from Baton Rouge. =)

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
CajunMustang said:
Yay we mutiple like rabbits down here haha. Cat-Back. Ive heard yall talk about it and know what it means. Replace the exhaust system from the catylac back,hence the name. But if you just dual it back from the cat it be a fake dual right? Pipe come from heads into 1 pipe into the cat then duals out. I probably dont know what the heck im talking bout. So if someone could explain it to me i would be gratefull.

edit. Im bout 4 hours from Baton Rouge. =)
I noticed that once I got to mapquest. Oh well, same state at least.

And about the fake dual...you are correct. It would be fake....just like those chebby Z28s. Fake dual exhaust. I beleive there is a true dual deal for the V6s, but I am not an expert on those.

EDIT: For the record, IMO, when you go 6 cyls into 1 pipe into 2 pipes, you are bottle necking the exhaust...so to me that is fake since it isn't dual all the way front to back.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Hey smurfin, he closer to me or you? I'm too lazy to look it up.

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
lowflyn said:
Hey smurfin, he closer to me or you? I'm too lazy to look it up.
He's damn near in texas, just south of shreveport. Without looking at a map, I think he is about as far from you as he is from me.

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you want a good dual exhaust system you should go with flowmaster, bassani, or magnaflow. those are some of the best companies, there are a few more. If you have any plans on nitrous or supercharging in the future you should go with 2.5" exhaust. You might lose a little torque but thats not a big deal with a displacement engine, for a V6 anyways. If you get a h-pipe you wouldn't use the factory cats unless you cut them out from the original exhaust. You can buy h-pipes with high flow cats on them or just an off road h-pipe without cats and get some MIL eliminators, which get rid of the check engine light when a car doesn't have any cats. if you use an o/r pipe you will get a little better sound too. You can get long tube headers which will get you better low end torque but a mustang already has better low end than high from the factory. Long tube headers are nice for forced induction engines though. good luck on the stang exhaust.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
bigpomps said:
If you want a good dual exhaust system you should go with flowmaster, bassani, or magnaflow. those are some of the best companies, there are a few more.
Dont forget Dyanomax exhaust systems they out perform most!!!

I would also look locally for a custom muffler shop. Not a national shop but a locally owned shop. I had my Dynomax ultraflows and custom pipes and got to pick my tips all for $250.00

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Says I'm 5 hours... 280 something miles lol. O well,
and 5 hours... 220 something miles from smurfin.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Smurfin said:
He's damn near in texas, just south of shreveport. Without looking at a map, I think he is about as far from you as he is from me.
Everyone always trys to get into Texas.
;)

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Back on topic please!!

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
Topic? Nah, topics are over rated....

Technically, we are kinda on topic discussing location. We could be trying to setup a mustang gathering or something...or gathering information in preparation for setting one up????

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for adivce guys. Cleared up alot of things. Im not gonna go with nitours/supercharger nothing like that. What i got planed is exhuast,UD pulley, CAI and a chip thats bout it, and then make it look sweet. And aye im right on the border, im on toledo bend lake. I look out my back door look across lake and i see texas. I like going over there and driving casue i can do 80 and get away with it. Here you but will go to jail.

So stocker headers for now, H pipe with high flow cats, 2.25 pipe and mufflers of ma choice. I would go to a local shop but there isnt eny around, i gota drive 45mins to even go see a movie. But there is a little shop here who can put them on, i think. But ill probably go outa town to get this done. Thanks again for help. Also once i get this exhaust on and decided to go with shorties or longtubes, i know shorties would bolt right on. But will longtubes fit or will they have to cut alot of pipe off. Im starting to like picky yalls brain.

And yall ever wanna have a stang meeting. Im game.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
CajunMustang said:
Thanks for adivce guys. Cleared up alot of things. Im not gonna go with nitours/supercharger nothing like that. What i got planed is exhuast,UD pulley, CAI and a chip thats bout it, and then make it look sweet. And aye im right on the border, im on toledo bend lake. I look out my back door look across lake and i see texas. I like going over there and driving casue i can do 80 and get away with it. Here you but will go to jail.

So stocker headers for now, H pipe with high flow cats, 2.25 pipe and mufflers of ma choice. I would go to a local shop but there isnt eny around, i gota drive 45mins to even go see a movie. But there is a little shop here who can put them on, i think. But ill probably go outa town to get this done. Thanks again for help. Also once i get this exhaust on and decided to go with shorties or longtubes, i know shorties would bolt right on. But will longtubes fit or will they have to cut alot of pipe off. Im starting to like picky yalls brain.

And yall ever wanna have a stang meeting. Im game.
Dont bother with shorties they are a waste. PERIOD

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
We're planning a meet in Chattanooga in Dec...lol

·
Registered
187 Posts
some h-pipes are made for longtube headers and some are made for factory or shorty headers. if they are made for shorty headers the shope will just adjust the length of the pipe. its not a big deal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts