Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got off the phone with Shelby in Las Vegas. The Super Snake will ONLY have one color striping regardless of the color of your car - black! Just in case you're considering the conversion.

Also, they will only be converting 1,000 2007's and 1,000 2008's.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whats the charge in price above the regular gt500 and what extra do you actually get?
The GT500 Super Snake package, which will be installed at the Shelby factory includes:

Ford Racing Supercharger upgrade kit producing over 600 horsepower and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque; an optional 725 horsepower system is available

6-speed manual transmission with a Ford Racing short-throw shifter and 3.73:1 rear axle ratio

Borla performance exhaust system for the 600 horsepower version; JBA manifold and back system for the 725 horsepower option

Engine dress up kit including billet aluminum fluid caps and dip stick handle

Ford Racing suspension tuning including dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace

Exclusive Shelby- Alcoa 20-inch forged wheels with Super Snake center caps

Shelby / Baer 6 piston forged front brakes calipers with cross drilled and vented rotors all around

Front and rear brake cooling ducts

Side scoops, carbon fiber front fascia splitter, mirror covers and rocker panels

Classic Shelby design hood with functional scoops

Super Snake exclusive striping

‘Shelby’ lettering across the front edge of hood and rear deck lid and 'Super Snake' badges

Center cluster with Carroll Shelby signature gauges for boost, fuel pressure and oil pressure

Shelby embroidered headrests, Super Snake door sill plates, aluminum map light accent, floor mats and other exclusive components

Official Shelby CSM dash plate

The 600HP version will still maintain the factory warranty and $28K and change. The 725HP version will void the warranty and is about $32K.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
why dont they warranty the 725hp version? no confidence in what they are selling? personally though if i was loaded enough to afford this, i wouldnt bring my **** back to ford anyway for warranty work

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Obviously they wont warranty the car because the power upgrade is more than it can take reliably~ just part of it. They would have to dump way more money into building a stronger engine to allow it to push 725 and still feel good in standing behind it.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Time to take the lose change to coin-star :)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Obviously they wont warranty the car because the power upgrade is more than it can take reliably~ just part of it. They would have to dump way more money into building a stronger engine to allow it to push 725 and still feel good in standing behind it.

which is why i'm goin 03-04 cobra :good::good::good:

i wanna drive a mustang like it was intended, and not worrying about tossing a rod to the moon.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Thats alot of power from the 5.4 block, more than the GT40, I think the block might have some issues long term. I would opt for a 03 to 04 Cobra as well I like them a bit more myself but the Super Snake is darn sweet. I wouldnt turn one away if given to me.

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
Hmm that brings to mind how many timesthese new mod motors can be rebuilt and the limits of boreing.
the 03/04 block is only good for .030 over...you can go .040 over, but that is starting to push it. MOst only go .020 over just in case it needs a small touchup later.

BUt yeah, not much room for poking these blocks out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
To end all the speculation, No insurance company will insure a car over 650 HP. The 725 Hp package is a twin screw Kenne bell Supercharger that is totally awesaome. Many GT500's already have this on them. The Supersnake with the 725HP option will have this supercharger. You can have it polished or flat black. Polished for me. Numbered plaque goes on your dash. I already have a special center dash consul signed by Carroll Shelby.Shelby Automobiles, Inc. - NEWS GGBIW

·
Registered
22 Posts
DAMN but it's expensive
Did you see what the Supersnakes were getting at Barret Jackson Auctions in Arizona? I didn't see on for less than 1/2 a million. $32,00. plus a GT500 cost? Under 100K. CHEAP if you ask me. GGBIW

1 - 20 of 24 Posts